Exellent organization

I have been working at PetSmart full-time for less than a year

Pros

Immediately brought into management decisions.

Cons

No windows in the hotel

Other Reviews for PetSmart

Ok Place to work

Former Employee - Pets Products Manager  in  Roswell, GA
    Former Employee - Pets Products Manager in Roswell, GA

I worked at PetSmart full-time for less than a year

Pros

Working for this company is great. They give you everything you need to grow with and learn. Full time benifets are great.

Cons

Extensive policy that are over worked. Working on hoildays like christmas and thanksgiving.

Typical Retail disguise as a pet friendly humanitarian gesture.

Current Employee - Lead Pet Care Specialist  in  Woodstock, GA
    Current Employee - Lead Pet Care Specialist in Woodstock, GA

I have been working at PetSmart full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

FRIENDLY PEOPLE. There are some genuinely nice human beings working within PetSmart and I really can't stress that enough. "Pet people" are good people, and that mostly proves true up until you start dealing with corporate and home office... If your tired of cold, unfriendly retail managers or co workers and are looking for a friendlier environment, then PetSmart may somewhat rekindle your faith in humanity.

Note: I have worked for PetSmart for nearly three years now and at four differing locations and I can tell you that no two store sites are the same. each location has its own culture and "vibe". I have seen them all: the good the bad, and the ugly, so it pays to get to know staff of a store site if you can before working there. It can be the difference between night and day.

Working along side PetSmart partnered pet charities like: the Humane society, can prove to be one of the most rewarding experiences one can have while working with this company. One most keep in mind that all such ventures are strictly voluntary with out monetary reward and must be perused by ones own volition as no member of Pet smarts management will direct you toward such duties.

Cons

Despite the company's focus on pet adoptions, fighting euthanasia, and focus on long term pet health, at its core it is nothing more then a retail company that treats and rewards its ground floor employees poorly. When working at PetSmart, one can come to expect: low pay, no health benefits, constantly fluctuating work hours with no schedule consistency, and little room to move up with in the organization.

Some negative factors are: Low wages (minimum wage up to about $9.50) along with .10 cent incremental yearly raises.

Random, computer generated, schedule that managers are seemingly at the mercy of, no matter how asinine the out come of it is. not only is the employee schedule generated at random, but its often posted late with in the week (like Friday), giving one absolutely no time to plan for family or home life.

Swing shifts are expected to be performed by everyone as well at a moments notice. so for example, you could be working with animals in Pet Care from 4pm to 10pm and then be expected to come back into work at 5am the "following" night and perform stock. For a company so focused upon humanitarian gestures, this move by them is surprisingly" inhuman."

I have more advice for the company's CEO and inner circle (Corporate) then I do Pet Smarts direct retail managers as I know that they have little to no control over the companies biggest problems and dysfunctions.

Pay your employees more. Any intelligent business owner knows that happy employees are productive employees. We live in times where the cost of food is sky-rocketing and gas is nearly $4.00 a gallon. people can not afford to be strung along on minim wage any longer all the while the world is demanded of them.

Get rid of the use of randomly computer generated scheduling. Nothing could be more appalling or disrespectful toward your own employees then to implement a business tactic that is so disruptive to ones own life and good health.

There are newer employer reviews for PetSmart.

Worked for PetSmart? Contribute to the Community!