There are newer employer reviews for PetSmart

I love working at Petsmart.

Current Employee - Lead Cashier in Austin, TX
Current Employee - Lead Cashier in Austin, TX

I have been working at PetSmart part-time (more than an year)

Pros

I love seeing dogs all the time. My management team is awesome.

Cons

I can't think of any cons.

Keep it up!

1073 Other Employee Reviews for PetSmart (View Most Recent)

Little pay, but expectations to be a team player and "CARE" is always hovering over your head.

Current Employee - Senior Petshotel Associate
    Current Employee - Senior Petshotel Associate

I have been working at PetSmart part-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Co-workers are typically nice and the discount is okay but they should change it to 30% or at least offer a free daycamp a month to hotel associates for the ridiculously long hours they work especially as supervisors and managers.

Cons

No follow through for bad employees, pay is low for the expectations, staff is short ALL the time, dogs are crazy to the point of always fighting, Store manager doesn't care about anything other than herself and her bonus (which comes from the employees hard work), take on way too many dogs for the staff to handle, management doesn't know policies and procedures in the petshotel, senior pet care are responsible for everything, more than management is even it seems. No hoursto give out, No full time positions except management essentially, and they don't care if you can't pay bills. When I first started working there it was all about the pets but than they got investors involved and that all went down the drain. Now its all about the money and putting budget wayyyy out of range.

Try to "CARE" about your employees. Not seeing family for 5 years in a row for holidays sucks too. There should be a point where you can get a holiday off once every other year or something.

Great job if you want no life

Current Employee - Senior Petshotel Associate in Escondido, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Petshotel Associate in Escondido, CA

I have been working at PetSmart full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

If you LOVE animals it's great. The few and far between "pet parents" that were genuinely caring were awesome and would sometimes make my day. At my store the Petshotel did have decent pay, but it might have just been my manager..

Cons

I worked in the hotel and the hours became more and more ridiculous as the years went on of working there. My manager was extremely selfish (although that may not pertain to all stores).
    They came up with a new "theme" called CARE but they don't even follow it, Banfield would always fight with us when we had an injured or sick pet that needed to be seen and store management never CARED.
    There is a high turnover rate due to how physically demanding the job is, and it became extremely frustrating when everything was always broken or missing, especially the a/c unit that was controlled by people in Phoenix, Arizona.
    Pet parents never understood that we have other dogs in the facility to care for besides their own and would become irate when something small was forgotten like giving a treat or brushing their pet everyday. They also never understood why we asked them to make reservations, which should be MANDATORY.
    Our hours were always being cut even though we were growing and becoming a high volume store, I guess the bottom line and dollar signs were more important.

LISTEN to your employees, we don't just complain because we're bored!
    Give us some holidays off! Working there for 3 years and not being able to spend time with my family on days like thanksgiving, christmas, and new years was painful and frustrating.
    Make it mandatory to make a reservation, and go PAPERLESS

There are newer employer reviews for PetSmart