PetSmart

There are newer employer reviews for PetSmart

Passionate about pets

Current Employee - Store Director in Dallas, TX
Current Employee - Store Director in Dallas, TX

I have been working at PetSmart full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

As retail goes PetSmart is a great company to work for. I worked as an operations manager and store director for about ten years. The best part is working with the Pet Parents who come in with their pets are generally happy to be there, which makes all operations easier and the job enjoyable day in and out. Benefits are fantastic, and often make up for shortcomings on compensation. Work environment is fun.

Cons

Like most retail jobs there never seems to be enough labor for the amount of task PetSmart expects to be completed with an extremely high level of detail. The amount of task to be completed can often be overwhelming, and most of it they want completed outside of store operational hours; so you must be flexible in working above and beyond what's generally called for, especially if you are taking a salaried position.

I loved working with PetSmart. Leadership training experiences were fantastic, but some of that leadership training should be directed to proven hourly management in the box who could really benefit from the morale boost and training from leadership programs.

1226 Other Employee Reviews for PetSmart (View Most Recent)

Busy and fun energetic winning

Current Employee - Pet Stylist
    Current Employee - Pet Stylist

I have been working at PetSmart full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I love the people i work with in the salon they treat the dogs well and we have a vet on hand in the facility

Cons

some people shouldnt be working with animals but the firing process takes way to long the store managers know almost nothing about the salon but act liek they know everything

Overall great company to intern with!

Current Employee - Intern in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Intern in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at PetSmart as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

Willing to fly me out to work at their corporate office as an intern, and pay for my summer housing, along with paying me hourly.

Cons

Nothing yet has come up.

There are newer employer reviews for PetSmart