There are newer employer reviews for PetSmart

Ordinary job

I have been working at PetSmart

Pros

Discounts and that's about it

Cons

Low pay, random work hours

Have a better work schedule

1009 Other Employee Reviews for PetSmart (View Most Recent)

Loved the job, manager sucked though

Former Employee - Pet Hotel Associate  in  Springfield, PA
    Former Employee - Pet Hotel Associate in Springfield, PA

I worked at PetSmart part-time for more than a year

Pros

Working with animals, not having to deal with people if you don't want to

Cons

VERY underpaid for the amount of work you do, low chances for advancement, low raises

CARE about your employees and pay them for what they do

Great job if you want no life

Current Employee - Senior Petshotel Associate  in  Escondido, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Petshotel Associate in Escondido, CA

I have been working at PetSmart full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

If you LOVE animals it's great. The few and far between "pet parents" that were genuinely caring were awesome and would sometimes make my day. At my store the Petshotel did have decent pay, but it might have just been my manager..

Cons

I worked in the hotel and the hours became more and more ridiculous as the years went on of working there. My manager was extremely selfish (although that may not pertain to all stores).
    They came up with a new "theme" called CARE but they don't even follow it, Banfield would always fight with us when we had an injured or sick pet that needed to be seen and store management never CARED.
    There is a high turnover rate due to how physically demanding the job is, and it became extremely frustrating when everything was always broken or missing, especially the a/c unit that was controlled by people in Phoenix, Arizona.
    Pet parents never understood that we have other dogs in the facility to care for besides their own and would become irate when something small was forgotten like giving a treat or brushing their pet everyday. They also never understood why we asked them to make reservations, which should be MANDATORY.
    Our hours were always being cut even though we were growing and becoming a high volume store, I guess the bottom line and dollar signs were more important.

LISTEN to your employees, we don't just complain because we're bored!
    Give us some holidays off! Working there for 3 years and not being able to spend time with my family on days like thanksgiving, christmas, and new years was painful and frustrating.
    Make it mandatory to make a reservation, and go PAPERLESS

There are newer employer reviews for PetSmart

Worked for PetSmart? Contribute to the Community!