PetSmart

www.petsmart.com

Overall good/positive energy in the stores but overall lack of incentive for low level employees.

Pet Care Specialist (Current Employee) Acworth, GA

ProsPetSmart does strive to connect with their employees by providing an uplifting environment and by striving to make the work environment enjoyable for all employees. They provide weeks where the employees are celebrated and reward positive energy.

ConsThough they do attempt to make their employees happy and content, they do not provide adequate incentive for their employees. While managers receive many bonuses based on store performance, low level employees struggle to achieve a fifteen cent raise once a year. Many employees also feel frustrated with the constant cutting of hours. I went from having at least thirty hours every week to twenty-one and this has caused me to try to find a second job.

Advice to Senior ManagementRemember that in order to survive you need low level employees to be happy and satisfied with their jobs. Many part-time employees are frustrated with the overall lack of incentive to perform.

Okay place for high school job

Pet Care Associate (Current Employee)

I have been working at PetSmart part-time for less than a year

Pros: Good training process for learning good care of animals Cons: The animals come from something akin to puppy mills Advice to Senior Management: Pet care ,makes or breaks your store in terms of… More

Ordinary job

I have been working at PetSmart

Pros: Discounts and that's about it Cons: Low pay, random work hours Advice to Senior Management: Have a better work schedule – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on PetSmart.

Worked for PetSmart? Contribute to the Community!