There are newer employer reviews for PetSmart

An awesome place to be

I have been working at PetSmart

Pros

Management is awesome and they seem to really care about their employees. I am in college currently, and I love my job.

Cons

Customers are annoying as with any job. Other than that this place is awesome!!\

Keep up the good work!

1029 Other Employee Reviews for PetSmart (View Most Recent)

Great place to work!

Former Employee - Petcare Specialist  in  Milpitas, CA
    Former Employee - Petcare Specialist in Milpitas, CA

I worked at PetSmart full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Get to work with animals! Its amazing to see how much people love their pets. Good hours. Overall, it is a really fun place to work.

Cons

Cons, If you work in petcare you have to come in at 6am if you are opening. Also they really push you to sell store services, this is only a con if you are a bad salesman.

Upper Management/Corporate Pushes For Superior Customer Service then Overtasks EVERYONE To Death!!!!!

Current Employee - Operations Manager
    Current Employee - Operations Manager

I have been working at PetSmart full-time for more than a year

Pros

WONDERFUL customers, the ability to genuinely relate to your clientele and meet their pets. Having the product knowledge as well as the right products in stock to offer them realistic solutions to problems and have them come back in to thank you because your advice made a huge difference! Having customers that truly appreciate great customer service and that will be loyal based on the level of service they can count on from you and your staff.

Cons

Focus all your attention and CARE for your customers (Pet Parents)!!! Now as you're doing this get all stock out, sign and price tag the store, then pull down all the price tags in a week while you put up new sale tags then pull em down again three days later to put up new ones. Hire and train new people while you make sure all the veteran employees take their never ending mandatory trainings on kitty litter and pooper scoopers but remember the customer comes first even though you have to leave the floor to accomplish this and hey, don't go over payroll (which more payroll would make too much sense because you could actually divide and conquer and get everything done) and if you miss your training goals you will have to be on a conference call which guess what......takes you off of the floor from selling kitty litter and pooper scoopers.

::: Check your never ending barrage of "CASE" messages which is Corporates Micro-Management Tool to 'to-do' list you into eternity:::::::....and they track that too so if you don't do everything in THEIR timeframe (while you devote all your time to customer service, of course....why are we here again? oh yes, to help customers buy the right products/services for their pets,) then you'll hear about it on a conference call. Even with all of that said I am not sure I fully explained how unbalanced their corporate leadership is. People at corporate must justify their jobs by coming up with new tasks to put in CASE without any perspective on how much the store managers are already contending with.

Come and eat what you've been cooking for us. Come and work for a store on OUR time and OUR schedule and taste what it is you are serving up to us. Step out of your safe nine to five schedule and work 10-15 hour days on your feet trying to help our customers which are always our #1 priority over all the other minutia you send our way which just gets in the way.

There are newer employer reviews for PetSmart

Worked for PetSmart? Contribute to the Community!