There are newer employer reviews for PetSmart

Surprisingly pleasant!

Current Employee - Cashier
Current Employee - Cashier

I have been working at PetSmart part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Accomodating in scheduling, pleasant atmoshpere, terrific co-workers, great customers most of the time, fun pets, room for advancement, discounts in store including grooming and Banfield, pay can be better than minimum wage.

Cons

Work some weekends, night and holidays but are still able to schedule things to accomodate personal schedule. Long hours on your feet. Full time positions are hard to come by.

Pay attention to the what each employee brings to the table. Don't leave a talented associate in a part time position because you can't see their potential. It is always better to promote from within. It builds loyalty and consistancy within the stores.

1073 Other Employee Reviews for PetSmart (View Most Recent)

Everything is looking great so far!

Current Employee - Pet Care Associate in Sewell, NJ
    Current Employee - Pet Care Associate in Sewell, NJ

I have been working at PetSmart part-time (less than an year)

Pros

I am excited about the perks: one free training course for your pet, employee discount, weekly pay, etc. Outlook is great. Was told I would be able to contribute creatively to the group.

Cons

I haven't been working long enough to determine any serious cons. I will update when I find out any!

I've enjoyed my time here, but also ready to move on.

Current Employee - Sales Associate/Bather in DeKalb, IL
    Current Employee - Sales Associate/Bather in DeKalb, IL

I have been working at PetSmart part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great environment with the other employees, team atmosphere for the most part. Enjoy the ability to work multiple positions through out the store. They were very flexible with my schedule through schooling.

Cons

Middle management is usually very swamped with daily tasks/problems and sometimes fail to communicate pointers to associates to get ahead of those problems.

There are newer employer reviews for PetSmart