PetSmart

www.petsmart.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for PetSmart

A good company in the quickly expanding world of Pet Speciality

Former Employee - Store Manager
Former Employee - Store Manager

I worked at PetSmart full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Company feels like it has a solid business model. The organization is forward thinking and not just focused on the present but also has plans for 15 years out and how it will stay relevant and keeps its current number one position.

Cons

It is a frustrating time at the company with lots of constant changes, with the biggest one being the switch to a new CEO. A comment was made to me by a peer Store Manager about this change. And it best describes what is happening now. She told me that she felt that with this CEO change that the company is losing it's heart. She feels that it is becoming very rigid and turning into an environment where you must produce or your are out. That there is no room for error or else you are gone.

Continue to develop your people internally. As this internal pool ages and time goes by, do not be so quick to throw the experienced out. I am disappointed that I was cast out so quickly without proper consideration of my contributions. You have lost a customer for life.

1280 Other Employee Reviews for PetSmart (View Most Recent)

Great place to work, with pets and customers that love pets

Former Employee - District Manager
    Former Employee - District Manager

I worked at PetSmart full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

The people and the pets

Cons

Chasing wall streets numbers, people became a number.

Take care of your people

Upper Manager does not represent the company well

Current Employee - Retail Store Manager
    Current Employee - Retail Store Manager

I have been working at PetSmart full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

They really care about the animals and customers. Training is exceptional. Customers are very friendly and fellow employees are excellent. Nice stock awards.

Cons

The main problem I have had is that the Upper Management doesn't take accountability for anything and throws his team under the bus when ever he gets in trouble. Be prepared to sign your name a hundred times a day on checklists.

Audits are not helpful when Upper Management doesn't even bother to do them himself. Perhaps this is why they are so low when corporate comes to town.

There are newer employer reviews for PetSmart