Deceptive Fortune 500 Company

Former Employee - Store Manager in Los Angeles, CA
Former Employee - Store Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at PetSmart full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good pay until they find someone to replace you for less $$$. In my former district comprised of 10 Store Managers, all but 3 are left. The ones left were hired in at a much lower salary than all those who left or were fired. I know because I conducted the interviews for the new Store Managers.

Cons

Senior management does not follow the company initiatives such as the CARE model for associates. Since it was a program made up to look good for Wallstreet, they only expect store personnel to follow the program. Upper management does not CARE about anyone. You are just a number and your target date for removal is TBD.

Advice to Management

Get a new CEO!

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Typical brutal corporation, with the guise of being helpful and caring.

Former Employee - Support Manager in Metairie, LA
    Former Employee - Support Manager in Metairie, LA

I worked at PetSmart full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Flexible hours, Good for students, Dynamic environment

Cons

Poor compensation and raise structure for lower level management and associates, extreme politics games in upper management, nothing done for complaints of sexual harrassment by upper management, passive aggressive methods of handling mistakes or reprimands

Advice to Management

If an employee makes illegal claims against a manager, something needs to be done. Pay is horrendous for the extent of work expected of employees (unless you are a good employee and demand a raise)

2. My experience at PetSmart was OK.

Former Employee - Pet Products Associate in Long Beach, CA
    Former Employee - Pet Products Associate in Long Beach, CA

I worked at PetSmart part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Co-workers and the pets were the best, they made me come in to work everyday with no hesitation. The management I had at the store I worked at, was great. There is a good chance of position growth at Petsmart, but you have to earn it by sticking with the company for quite a few years.

Cons

Picking up smelly droppings that pets leave behind when they visit the store with their owners. Pay was decent, but not excellent. If you are bilingual, you get payed half a dollar more than your other fellow co-workers.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work, but don't hire assistants for your job, that are bipolar/two-faced.