Petco

www.petco.com
  www.petco.com
There are newer employer reviews for Petco

Great opportunity to learn about animals

Current Employee - Aquatics Specialist in Salt Lake City, UT
Current Employee - Aquatics Specialist in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Petco

Pros

Excellent place to work while in school, provided lots of training, all my coworkers are awesome to work with

Cons

Pay could be better, cashiering shifts can get boring

657 Other Employee Reviews for Petco (View Most Recent)

Started out loving my job and now I despise the company I work for and dread going to work.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Petco

Pros

Good benefits for full time employees.
    You earn Paid Time Off for the hours you work and you earn even more the longer you work there and also what position you're in with GM's getting the most.

Cons

Corporate does NOT care about animals, empoyees or "going green" they only pretend to care so they look good to consumers. They only truly care about padding their pockets.
    They don't give stores enough time(payroll) to take care of animals properly according to P&P, It's liking moving mountains just to find time and payroll to take sick animals to the vet .
    We don't have time to thoroughy help and/or educate customers and we don't have enough time to do the never ending tasks involved in everyday retail and the ridiculous projects corporate wants done.
    Corporate is constantly pushing stores to "sell, sell, sell" and to provide "excellent" customer service while they deny the stores the proper amount of payroll to meet these demands.
    Corporate decided to "go green" by not turning on all the lights until 10 am. While this is great for the environment, it is not the real reason. It was to save themselves money. Which again, is all corporate cares about.

If you want stores to provide excellent customer service and to sell more "attachments" perhaps you should get it through your thick neanderthal heads that stores need more payroll!!!! It is NOT possible to help EVERY customer that walks in the store with the amount of empoyees currently staffed. That's money YOU ARE losing! More helpful employees on the sales floor can sell more products for you corporate!
    If you really want to go green and save yourselves millions of dollars, than once and for all STOP having us take down and put up the same exact sale ad every 3 weeks! Freakin ridiculous you morons. Just make the ads run for 5 weeks instead and you'll save a fortune and time and payroll and trees! Why won't you start recycling already? I'm tired of seeing a dumpster full of cardboard getting thrown away from truck every week.
    Most importantly stop PRETENDING to care about the animals and actually START caring. Once again this means more payroll for stores (because your employees actually care about the animals unlike you) and a larger store use budget for their supplies and vet costs.

Animals were great coworkers were not

Current Employee - Operations Manager in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Operations Manager in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Petco

Pros

Grt to work with animals

Cons

Not much room for advancement empoyees talk negatively about others hoping to get ahead

Treat employees fairly and you would not continue to lose them

There are newer employer reviews for Petco