Decent I suppose

I worked at Petco part-time

Pros

Working here is nothing special, pretty much got paid minimum wage for the year or so I worked there. Should have gotten a $.25 pay raise but forgot about it, didn't really care since I was leaving for school

Cons

Pretty boring a lot of the time and they force you to sell the donations like the companies life depended on it.

Advice to Management

Chill out a bit with the donations

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Hard work pays off

Current Employee - Groomer
    Current Employee - Groomer

I have been working at Petco full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Ive been with Petco two years now. Started as associate thn to management and now a groomer. In 2 different stores and states may I add. Employees can sometimes be fed up with corporate, but those who take pride in there jobs go far with the company. I make good money in the salon because I want to, but if it's slow thank goodness for a company willing to pay me hourly if I don't make commission.

Cons

The people petco hires. Lazy flakey people who blame the company for there crummy work. Yes, I'll admit that if you have a crappy manager, that can make your job kind of lame, but you can always transfer, or just be thankful you have a job in this economy.

Advice to Management

PLEASE spend one whole day in the groom salon before you add more things on our list! You might realize we do more then just brush dogs and put bows in there hair. Our job may look easy from the window, but it's far from that.

2. Fullfilling

Current Employee - General Manager
    Current Employee - General Manager

I have been working at Petco (More than a year)

Pros

Working towards Healthier Pets, Happier People, and Better World

Cons

None, But you better be a hands on and a working manager

Advice to Management

Keep Improving