There are newer employer reviews for Petco

Decent I suppose

I worked at Petco part-time

Pros

Working here is nothing special, pretty much got paid minimum wage for the year or so I worked there. Should have gotten a $.25 pay raise but forgot about it, didn't really care since I was leaving for school

Cons

Pretty boring a lot of the time and they force you to sell the donations like the companies life depended on it.

Chill out a bit with the donations

626 Other Employee Reviews for Petco (View Most Recent)

Hard work pays off

Current Employee - Groomer
    Current Employee - Groomer

I have been working at Petco full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Ive been with Petco two years now. Started as associate thn to management and now a groomer. In 2 different stores and states may I add. Employees can sometimes be fed up with corporate, but those who take pride in there jobs go far with the company. I make good money in the salon because I want to, but if it's slow thank goodness for a company willing to pay me hourly if I don't make commission.

Cons

The people petco hires. Lazy flakey people who blame the company for there crummy work. Yes, I'll admit that if you have a crappy manager, that can make your job kind of lame, but you can always transfer, or just be thankful you have a job in this economy.

PLEASE spend one whole day in the groom salon before you add more things on our list! You might realize we do more then just brush dogs and put bows in there hair. Our job may look easy from the window, but it's far from that.

Does not care about employees

Former Employee - Grooming Assistant
    Former Employee - Grooming Assistant

I worked at Petco full-time (more than an year)

Pros

You get to occasionally play with some cute animals. Offers direct deposit or a pay-card, as well as paper checks. You do get benefits.

Cons

Paid minimum wage as a grooming assistant to not only do grooming salon "chores" but work on the sales floor, do register, run errands, clean cages, restock shelves, do truck shift, and more. Can not get raises. Jipped on vacation hours/pay. Lots of drama. If the wrong person doesn't like you, they can influence the manager to fire you.

Reward employees for their hard work!!! I was sick of doing so much for the store and not getting recognized for it.

There are newer employer reviews for Petco