Petco

www.petco.com
Profile Unclaimed
There are newer employer reviews for Petco

Over all a good place to work

Current Employee - Companion Animal Department Manager in Omaha, NE
Current Employee - Companion Animal Department Manager in Omaha, NE

I have been working at Petco full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Easy job, good benefits. Get to play with puppies. Possible room for advancement. No thinking involved.

Cons

Low pay, corporate always asking you to do more with less. No ability to think outside the box.

Stop cutting hours and expecting better results. In order to properly help customers take care of animals and keep up store standards it takes having enough staffing.

750 Other Employee Reviews for Petco (View Most Recent)

Upsetting

Former Employee - Grooming Assistant in Pensacola, FL
    Former Employee - Grooming Assistant in Pensacola, FL

I worked at Petco part-time (less than a year)

Pros

You get to take care of animals....that's it.

Cons

The downside is this....the pay is terrible...especially if you are in the Grooming department. I wasn't aware that there was a competitive pay OR that we had to commission for our lives. Another thing that is bad is when there are adoptions because the people in charge will bring their dogs in for a nail trim or a bath and they are petrified because of not having so much human contact. Also, at one point there were those who had ticks all over them and another with what seemed to be parvo. I left because I was disgusted with employees and management and never want to work there again.

Actually hire people properly and hire those who are serious about their job and watch out more for the customers as well as your employees.

Petco is at the bottom of the retail industry.

Current Employee - General Manager in Wilkes-Barre, PA
    Current Employee - General Manager in Wilkes-Barre, PA

I have been working at Petco full-time (less than a year)

Pros

This company provides a competitive Salary

Cons

This company deceives the public into thinking into believing that the company puts pets first. I took over a store that the entire stock of small animals and birds were infested with lice, filthy conditions for both store owned pets and the emplyoees who worked in this store.

If you consider yourself a professional high level manager stay away from this retailer. You will not be accepted or prosper. District Managers are extremely unqualified.

There are newer employer reviews for Petco