There are newer employer reviews for Petco

Petco is a great place to work and the growth and change we are experience is inspriring

Current Employee - Grooming Salon Manager in Houston, TX
Current Employee - Grooming Salon Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at Petco full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Establishing relationships with customers and their pets, having an opportunity to express yourself through your work, Petco is full of opportunities to improve and learn

Cons

It can at times be hard to express needs to upper management, but this seems to be getting better. Grooming for a corporation can be frustrating, as they have the opinion "the customer is always right", but this is to be expected from a corporate.

Pay more attention to the needs of stores, and less to the bottom line. Productivity would be much higher, and employees much happier if needs were met more quickly and thoroughly.

626 Other Employee Reviews for Petco (View Most Recent)

Upsetting

Former Employee - Grooming Assistant in Pensacola, FL
    Former Employee - Grooming Assistant in Pensacola, FL

I worked at Petco part-time (less than an year)

Pros

You get to take care of animals....that's it.

Cons

The downside is this....the pay is terrible...especially if you are in the Grooming department. I wasn't aware that there was a competitive pay OR that we had to commission for our lives. Another thing that is bad is when there are adoptions because the people in charge will bring their dogs in for a nail trim or a bath and they are petrified because of not having so much human contact. Also, at one point there were those who had ticks all over them and another with what seemed to be parvo. I left because I was disgusted with employees and management and never want to work there again.

Actually hire people properly and hire those who are serious about their job and watch out more for the customers as well as your employees.

It is a filthy place.

Current Employee - Groomer in Battle Creek, MI
    Current Employee - Groomer in Battle Creek, MI

I have been working at Petco full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Most of the people are nice.

Cons

every groomer for themselves and the salon manager gets the dogs.

There are newer employer reviews for Petco