There are newer employer reviews for Petco

Petco was n amazing place to work!

Former Employee - Forestville in Maryland City, MD
Former Employee - Forestville in Maryland City, MD

I worked at Petco full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fun, Animals, Friendly people, cats, and hammies

Cons

If Asthmatic not a good job theres a lot of animal dander...and if ur scared of bugs u have to get crickets and its creepy theres a whole trashcan full and you have to reach in

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work...Assistant Managers are haters when they see a great employee getting praise from the General manager!

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. ringing up customer items at counter

Former Employee - Cashier in Miami, FL
    Former Employee - Cashier in Miami, FL

I worked at Petco full-time (More than a year)

Pros

easy, plenty of hours, getting to see pets

Cons

retail hours, weekends, crabby customers

Advice to Management

close on weekends

2. A company that makes you proud to be a part of the team.

Current Employee - Customer Advisor Specialist in Battle Creek, MI
    Current Employee - Customer Advisor Specialist in Battle Creek, MI

I have been working at Petco part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I work as a Petco Customer Advisor Specialist. This is the best job I have ever held, and I am forging a fulfilling career. The staff is professional, positive, knowledgeable, fun, compassionate, hard working, and dedicated. This description covers employees from the store employees, like myself, to the management on up. Petco is not all talk. Animals truly come first, and no expense is spared on the proper care of any animal in the company's charge. The training is clear, thorough, an ongoing. Questions during the learning process are welcomed and answered thoroughly. Schedules are flexible within reason. the company policies are lineant and common sense. I have finally found a position that instills a sensde of fulfilment and pride. I do not make loads of money, but I would have taken a pay cut at any other job to be so happy doing work. The best part is the room for advancement into any position for which I am willing to learn the skills needed for the position. This means opportunities to make more money in a strong, growing, morally sound company.

Cons

I can hardly think of a single con. The average pay rate is cancelled out by the advancement opportunities, but that is just my opinion. There is heavy lifting from time to time, but others are always willing to help. It can be a touch overwhelming for any individuals with very little experience or knowleadge of animals commonly kept as pets. However, during training basic information is taught and reviewed on the various animals sold in the store. My biggest complaints are the cost of healthcare, having to sell sweet rats as feeders, and not having a set 1st or 2nd shift schedule.

Advice to Management

Nada, but I will let you know lol.