Petco

There are newer employer reviews for Petco

been there for years....

Current Employee - Aquatics Specialist in Denver, CO
Current Employee - Aquatics Specialist in Denver, CO

I have been working at Petco full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Vacation
Flexible schedule
Great staff
Fun job
Animals
Fish are fun

Cons

Corporate visits
inconsistent schedule
Workplace Politics
Only male
Tedious

More labor hours

678 Other Employee Reviews for Petco (View Most Recent)

One toxic VP down....keep going!

I have been working at Petco

Pros

Just brought in three very talented VP's

Cons

Horrible leadership, except for the 3 new VP's

You got rid of RN this week VERY GOOD MOVE! Keep going, there are more that need to go!
    Please look at turnover rates under certain managers and directors and have HR talk to their current employees. People are being treated badly and many people are interviewing outside the company.

STOP – They are moving everyone to San Antonio in the next 5 years, don’t waste your time

Current Employee - Vendor Specialist in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Vendor Specialist in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Petco full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Bringing your pet to work (if you have one), watching games from the box (one time a season)

Cons

I feel as a whole the company has zero direction of where they want to go (it’s really day to day here), and if they do have direction they don’t share that information with the corporate office staff. San Antonio has been held over my head for a long time, it’s just a matter of time that the whole company is moving out there; with the 10-15% less they offer you. We have SO many VP’s it’s ridiculous, VP’s who report to SR VP’s who report to other VP’s…. So many unnecessary people on the top of the food chain that do NOTHING, yet so few at the bottom doing all the work. It’s a running joke that if your hourly you’re a nobody, and your title means everything here. The Merchants run the show, so don’t cross them or you just committed career suicide. I’ve applied for other positions within the company made it through numerous rounds of internal interviews and then was told that I was not “qualified” to move to the final round. WHAT? I make less now then when I started a year ago, raises are terrible and wearing numerous hats all the time because the turnover rate is so high doesn’t make you want to work any harder. I hate being in a meeting and hearing about how all the “salary employees” are going to spend their bonuses.

Get some direction and stop taking jobs to SA, There are plenty of good people here in San Diego that want to make a difference in the pet industry and WANT to continue to work for you if you would just do right by us. We are not just a head count in SA so STOP treating us like we are.

There are newer employer reviews for Petco