Petco

www.petco.com
Profile Unclaimed
There are newer employer reviews for Petco

Great time working with pets!

Former Employee - Cashier in Amarillo, TX
Former Employee - Cashier in Amarillo, TX

I worked at Petco part-time (more than a year)

Pros

I loved my job at Petco. I had a great time working with animals in the store, customers, and their babies!

Cons

I really have nothing bad to say.

744 Other Employee Reviews for Petco (View Most Recent)

Don't recommend

Current Contractor - Cashier in New York, NY
    Current Contractor - Cashier in New York, NY

I have been working at Petco as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

You are around animals and you get a discount for your own animals. You can learn a lot about other animals.

Cons

There are sales quotas, always understaffed. Area is dirty and the employees aren't that knowledgeable about the animals they are selling.

Spend more time educating your employees and customers.

A decent pet retail company.

Former Employee - Department Manager
    Former Employee - Department Manager

I worked at Petco full-time (more than a year)

Pros

They do offer attainable growth within the company, as well as, opportunity to switch into a variety of positions available. Health care benefit packages are available for both full-time and part-time employees.

Cons

Hours available for payroll are based on the last years' daily budget, therefore work schedules are at the whim of the area's economy for every pay period, which can affect part-time employees greatly. As well, in an economy that is slow for any given period, this factor can leave the large corporate store greatly understaffed; causing negative issues with customer satisfaction, target deadlines, and completion of employee expectations and duties. This lack of staffing can also have negative impacts upon employees that are students due to scheduling conflicts.

More realistic expectations when understaffed and solution plans in place when this situation arises is advisable. As well, upon hiring employees that are students, working with their schedules is imperative as classes cannot be rescheduled around the company due to lack of staffing. Also, this lack of staffing creates conflict between customer service duties and proper animal care; mainly effecting the company's customer satisfaction rating.

There are newer employer reviews for Petco