Petco

www.petco.com
There are newer employer reviews for Petco

Great time working with pets!

Former Employee - Cashier in Amarillo, TX
Former Employee - Cashier in Amarillo, TX

I worked at Petco part-time (more than an year)

Pros

I loved my job at Petco. I had a great time working with animals in the store, customers, and their babies!

Cons

I really have nothing bad to say.

710 Other Employee Reviews for Petco (View Most Recent)

Unprepared Manager

Current Employee - Dog Groomer in Statesboro, GA
    Current Employee - Dog Groomer in Statesboro, GA

I have been working at Petco part-time (less than an year)

Pros

I love working with animals, it is a good change for me. Hopefully I will get more than 21 hours a week and some commissions on the baths.

Cons

I work with young adults and have little patience for the loud music when the manager is absent, not to mention I feel it is rude to the customers as well.

Know every area of your store right down to the equiptment that is used because you can't teach a job you don't know yourself. Review videos instead of pictures taken from a cell phone. Do not give a capet call or write up without proof, this just causes anxiety for the employee/s. Never go by word of mouth even if you do trust that person bringing it to you they may have alterior motives.

Great Company Culture!

Current Employee - Senior Manager, Talent Programs & Systems in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Manager, Talent Programs & Systems in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Petco full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Generally, people who love animals are nice people. Petco is a very collaborative culture and the people who work here are great. I get to bring my dog to work and wear casual jeans all summer long. They have dog parks, foosball and a Wii as well as a beautiful facility in San Antonio. They really are great about following their values: Integrity, Learning, Continuous Improvement, Teamwork, Performance, Recognition and FUN!

Cons

For corporate associates, it is difficult that we do not get benefits for 3 months and are unable to contribute to the 401K for a year.

Adjust the benefits by audience. Corporate has less turnover than retail so offer them benefits to complete with other corporate jobs and not other retail jobs.

There are newer employer reviews for Petco