Petco

www.petco.com
  www.petco.com
There are newer employer reviews for Petco

Best pet company I've worked for!

Current Employee - Inventory and Pricing Department Manager
Current Employee - Inventory and Pricing Department Manager

I have been working at Petco full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I have worked at several pet supply type businesses, and I have trained dogs for years. I honestly can say that going to work is a joy these days, rather than dreading the work day. My store I work for is clean, friendly, and knowledgable. Every store is different, and each district and the managers in those districts can be different, but I know that out of all of the companies I have worked for Petco treats their employees like people instead of just someone coming in for a paycheck.

The company offers discounts for associates, and is constantly trying to make things easier for staff (be it computer structure changes, to wardrobe, to an on-going training program so you can learn more about products.)

Here are some pros I came up with:

Friendly company to work for; benefits are good; time off requests almost always are honored; consistently offering new training for partners (employees/associates); opportunities to move up in the company happen more than other places I've worked at; working with animals; nice employee discount, as well as offers each month just for associates; many more pros.

Cons

I really haven't met many negative things since I've worked here. I know that's entirely unhelpful if you're reading this hoping to get some reason not to work here, but I really have enjoyed working for this company.

Spend more time getting all team members actively working to help the store (via meeting huddles or incentives.)

660 Other Employee Reviews for Petco (View Most Recent)

Learning new skills can be fun.

Current Employee - Sales Expert in Arnold, MO
    Current Employee - Sales Expert in Arnold, MO

I have been working at Petco part-time (less than an year)

Pros

If you really care for the customers they will give you compliments.Learning how and what to do when taking care of different animals will give you a perspective of what other pet owners may have to go through.

Cons

No one informs you enough of what not to do on the job that could result in a write up and such, you have to just work and figure it all out when it is to late.

Not awesome

Current Employee - Grooming Assistant
    Current Employee - Grooming Assistant

I have been working at Petco part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Working with very cute Animals :)

Cons

Crappy pay for a tough job.

None