Petco

www.petco.com
  www.petco.com
There are newer employer reviews for Petco

Great job if you like working by yourself

Former Employee - General Manager
Former Employee - General Manager

I worked at Petco full-time

Pros

It's fun dealing with the animals and fish.
The pay was "ok."

Cons

It's unbelievable that this company can preach all day long about giving their customers great service but then not allow enough labor hours to successfully do it. I'm not talking about a couple of hours here and there. I'm telling you that it's not even close to being enough labor hours. MOST mornings it was me and one other employee. In the evening, it's again two employees total. On busy days, Saturday and Sunday, we had MAYBE 4-5 employees. It's a joke.

The micromanaging is off the charts. If you trust someone to manage your store, give them a little room to breathe. It's not necessary to have a conference call every day. It's not necessary to insist on duplicate reports to document things. Give it a rest until something needs attention.

657 Other Employee Reviews for Petco (View Most Recent)

Inventory and Pricing Dept Manager

I worked at Petco full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

You get to work with animals.

Cons

Underpaid for the work required. Upper management does not care about the stores beyond quotas.

Oh no!

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Petco full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Working with animals and great customers.

Cons

For starters, the pay is insulting and in Arizona they work you to death because you dont get overtime. This company is by far the most unethical company I have worked for. They do not value their employees and there are so many things that I have witnessed firsthand that are unbelievable. I have seen managers stealing, employees turned down for promotions because of reasons totally unrelated to thier job perfomance, harassment, confidential employee information leaked and so on... I had placed several calls to HR and upper management and nothing was done. My concerns were completely dismissed, so I left the company.

Do your job!! You are an embarassment to the corporate world. I am ashamed that I ever for you.

There are newer employer reviews for Petco