PETCO

Current Employee - Store Manager
Current Employee - Store Manager

I have been working at Petco

Pros

good schedule, 40 hour work week, decent starting wages for management,

Cons

raises are not given out fairly, opportunities for advancement are few and far between, especially when you get into the management levels of the company, there are very few positions for store managers to move into.

Advice to Management

create more opportunities for advancement, when the company is doing well raises should be given out accordingly

reviews filtered by
  1. Cashier At PETCO

I worked at Petco

Pros

PETCO was a really nice place to work. It gave a very good training program to learn about the types of animals available in the store, through online courses. Supervisors were very supportive, and very helpful.

Cons

The training process online was very extensive. It consisted of about 3 days worth of classes necessary to continue working for the company.

Advice to Management

My supervisors at my PETCO were very supportive and I was happy to work for the company during my time there.

2. A wonderful learning experience

Current Employee - Grooming Assistant
    Current Employee - Grooming Assistant

I have been working at Petco

Pros

After having worked at a private kennel for several years, I was very reluctant to pursue corporate employment. Ever since I have been working at PETCO, I find that I have the best of both worlds. I have the flexibility and comfortability of a private business as well as the benefits of a large corporation. I love going to work everyday because of the wonderful people and animals I work with. I feel very appreciated and cared for by management. I have gained a vast amount of knowledge regarding dog behavior, nutrition, and grooming techniques. Grooming assistants are also given the opportunity to be trained as groomers.

Cons

Obviously, when handling animals there are several risks involved. There are also the occasional difficult customers to deal with. But everything is pretty much manageable.

Advice to Management

I think that it is great that such an emphasis has been put on adoptions, donations, and natural foods. It really seems to brighten the customer's experience.