Petro Stopping Centers

www.petrotruckstops.com
  www.petrotruckstops.com
There are newer employer reviews for Petro Stopping Centers

Terrible, no raises, no praise, all negative

Current Employee - Cashier - Deli in Waterloo, NY
Current Employee - Cashier - Deli in Waterloo, NY

I have been working at Petro Stopping Centers

Pros

The only reason to work here is if you're desperate or have no education other than a GED or HS diploma.

Cons

Communication is filtered negatively from management. Supervisor walks around with an angry look all day shaking her head. As a Deli Clerk I run the cash register, cook all of the food (breakfast and lunch), serve all of the food to customers, wait on customers for other things, wash all of the dishes, do inventory, check in the food delivery... essentially I do everything but am given absolutely no opportunity for advancement ad have been there over 2 years and haven't received a single cent for my efforts. Customers love me. I wish I could say I feel the same about the way I feel about this company. Fie;d manager was even in for an in service a few weeks ago and told employees not to call the 800 number to complain about management or issues at work and the reason being that he has to field 4 or 5 phone calls to investigate matters. In other words, he doesn't want his superiors to know how pathetic people are treated at this establishment. It's disgusting. Go elsewhere unless, as I said... you are dumb or desperate.

It's not what you say, it's how you say it. Your night cashier spends more time outside and in the bathroom while lines pile up at the front desk. If anyone else did this, they'd be fired.

10 Other Employee Reviews for Petro Stopping Centers (View Most Recent)

Great boss,,,,thats' it.

Current Employee - Lead Server in Monee, IL
    Current Employee - Lead Server in Monee, IL

I have been working at Petro Stopping Centers

Pros

I love my boss. If it was not for her I would not have worked there as long as I did.

Cons

It takes a certain person to be able to work in a truck stop so this job is not for everyone. You can make OK money because there is a high turnover of tables but it is HARD work! You run your butt off and deal w/ alot of creeps. We do get benifits so thats a plus but besides that, I'd say it's not worth it.

10 years, no pay increase??? Evaluate your employees once in a while.

goood

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Swansea, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Swansea, MA

I have been working at Petro Stopping Centers

Pros

good employees, managers know how to work with you, No extra pressure put on you, no weekends or nights
    regular job

Cons

I really do not have any with this company one of the best starting jobs out there, but i only work there for a month

There are newer employer reviews for Petro Stopping Centers