Petrobras
www.petrobras.com.br Rio de Janeiro, Brazil 5000+ Employees

Senior Java Architect and Lead Developer on Java solutions over 8 years on Petrobras

Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee)
Rio de Janeiro (Brazil)

ProsIt has good stability and most of the IT offices are on center (near).

ConsNot aware of I.T changes and its Innovations. The process is very bureaucratic.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop insisting on hiring external software factoring model, No good software have ever came from it. The highest cost if software is on changes, worst software has greater costs.
Most important of all. Stop saying IT is not our main business because IT is the Main Business of the I.T Area. Google is also a "non IT main business company".

Good company for those who want stability

Chemical Engineering Intern (Former Employee)
    Araucária (Brazil)

I worked at Petrobras as an intern for less than a year

Pros: - stable job. you can't be fired unless you have… Cons: - It takes time to change the position if yo want. Sometimes is necessary to talk to the manager of the department you want to… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Systems Analyst

Systems Analyst (Current Employee)
    Rio de Janeiro (Brazil)

I have been working at Petrobras full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: - Stability - Excellent team - Several areas to work - A lot… Cons: - Every process is too slow - You can be working in an area that is not… Advice to Senior Management: More attention on where you locate your professionals. You can… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Petrobras.

Worked for Petrobras? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Petrobras reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Petrobras CEO Maria das Gra├žas Silva Foster. All reviews posted anonymously by Petrobras employees.