There are newer employer reviews for Petroplan

Petroplan in Houston, Texas

Current Employee - Health & Safety Business Analyst  in  Houston, TX
Current Employee - Health & Safety Business Analyst in Houston, TX

I have been working at Petroplan as a contractor for more than a year

Pros

Provides great opportunities, advice, industry trends and opens doors to other areas you might not expect.
They have dedicated recruitment consultanst to meet your needs. Their staff meets with you once a year to discuss your current career experiences and offer you tips and recommendations to advance your career.

Cons

There are no negative comments.

6 Other Employee Reviews for Petroplan (View Most Recent)

Good company image only a facade

Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant  in  Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Houston, TX

I worked at Petroplan full-time for less than a year

Pros

There are no pros for this company.

Cons

They laid me off without any warning and right before Christmas. The company is small and we all know the CEO. It was a cruel move.

Learn more about the people who are doing well and are committed versus the ones who are not before laying people off. It's difficult to manage from overseas. I was very successful at my job and had planned on staying with the company long-term.

Review from an honest former Petroplanner

Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant  in  Guildford, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Guildford, England (UK)

I worked at Petroplan full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Fantastic company to gain exposure to the Oil & Gas world! Thorough in-house Oil & Gas, Recruitment and Database training is provided - it's apparent Petroplan invests in its training resources to ensure Recruiters get the right support from the get go, helping them deliver and be the best they can be.

Benefits are competitive from salary, holiday entitlement, pension and private care! - you really wouldn't get this from any other mid-sized recruitment company, it's a sell.

Stakeholders played an integral part during my time at Petroplan, they were approachable and accommodating, you are seen as an equal and loved like a son or daughter - the Company still has a bit of that "family-run" feel.

Flexible and understanding employers if you need to get away for personal reasons - not that it's a common trait, knowing there's flexibility there can say a lot about a Company and its culture.

Cons

Work-life balance superb, you make it your own, you get what you put in - this is no way put upon you by management or expected.

Making wrong hiring decisions which has had huge impact on teams - any Company going through change will experience these mistakes, Petroplan aren't the only ones and they shouldn't be scrutinised for it.

You will have challenging moments with other Recruiters from time to time but the end goal remains the same - and anyway it's recruitment after all, you're bound to come across some funny Divas and stroppy Kevin's so embrace them!

Retention is key, recruitment companies tend to have a high turnover but please continue to listen to your staff - I'm referring to all divisions; those who bill and those who are seen as "overheads".

Keep up with the marketing campaigns! You're doing great!

I've learnt how important Business Development is moving into a 360 role, maybe this could be enforced a little more with the right individual leading it or Trainer.

Middle management are not educated on how to correctly approach sensitive topics for example; managing a Probation Period of an employee - managing this incorrectly has the potential to damage the Company's reputation. Train middle management or exclude them from the process entirely.

Nevertheless, my overall experience has been a good one, I would recommend Petroplan to anyone!

There are newer employer reviews for Petroplan

Worked for Petroplan? Contribute to the Community!