Pew Charitable Trusts

www.pewtrusts.org

Pew is an organization with an excellent mission where every employee is valued.

Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) Philadelphia, PA

ProsThe Pew Charitable Trusts has a big positive impact both in Philly and nationwide. Every employee is valued in their culture, so even as an assistant you can feel you are contributing to the mission. They listen to feedback from their employees and are always working to improve systems. The training they provide for each position is excellent and extremelly detailed, and they also ensure that new hires thoroughly understand the structure of the organization and its processes.

Working at Pew, you will always be learning, not only new skills, but also about public policy and the wider scope of their mission. The compensation and benefits are amazing, and the tuition reimbursement is a big plus.

ConsThere are very few downsides to working at Pew.

Culture- The culture is changing, and they are in a period of rapid growth. This could increase the amount of bureaucracy. There is also a lot of office politics. Due to the number of high-acheivers at Pew, I think this happens more than it does elsewhere.

Advancement- There are several tiers of assistant and associate positions. Assistants can rise in rank among these positions, but even with additional education it is difficult to move into an officer position. However, it is common for people to finish a masters degree while working for Pew and return later as an officer after having gained more experience.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to value every employee and engage them in the mission as the organization grows. (I have no doubt that they will do this.)

Work for Pew and make a difference in the world

Officer (Current Employee) Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Pew Charitable Trusts

Pros: Working at Pew has been a very rewarding experience because of the professional opportunities to learn and grow, and my colleagues who are generous with… Cons: There is a lot of pressure to be perfect and it can be competitive. In addition, wearing a Pew name tag at events is liking… Advice to Senior Management: Thank you for running an organization that truly cares about its employees and making the world a better… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

While it has the money to accomplish great good, it is hindered by its antiquated rules and regulations

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Pew Charitable Trusts full-time for more than a year

Pros: Pew has an enormous wealth of money, meaning that campaigns have the ability to spend money to achieve results that for many non-profits is their… Cons: You cannot receive any form of promotion until you have been at Pew over two years. After that you cannot receive a second promotion for… Advice to Senior Management: They need to seriously re-evaluate their priorities. Invest in lower-level staff, promote job growth, allow for… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Pew Charitable Trusts.

Worked for Pew Charitable Trusts? Contribute to the Community!