There are newer employer reviews for Pfizer

Positive experience until 2010, since then radical staffing cuts to make numbers for Wall St.

Former Employee - Director in New York, NY
Former Employee - Director in New York, NY

I worked at Pfizer

Pros

Large corporation, plenty of opportunity to move around within the company. Corporate presence worldwide enables opportunity for global travel and interaction with multiple cultures.

Cons

Pipeline stalled, substantial layoffs since 2010 with no end in sight. Senior management does not state a target for layoffs which leaves everyone insecure about job security.

Advice to Management

Involve regular staff to provide input before cutting benefits further, benefits have always been a hallmark of Pfizer yet are rapidly being reduced. Explore options to boost morale at NYHQ.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Satisfying

Current Employee - Medical Director in Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Medical Director in Miami, FL

I have been working at Pfizer

Pros

Colleagues are knowledgeable and supportive. Colleagues work very hard to achieve objectives.

Cons

Business plan process is more complicated than needed. Priorities of different groups that normally collaborate, are not integrated. Loss of efficiencies due to overlap/repetition.

Advice to Management

Better integration of business plans/priorities of various groups within individual business units. Continue working to create a culture of openness.

2. The cost cutting measures and bad management decisions make it difficult.

Current Employee - Scientist I in Andover, MA
    Current Employee - Scientist I in Andover, MA

I have been working at Pfizer

Pros

Remnant management left from Wyeth makes the job tolerable as well as my hard working coworkers. It gets more and more difficult to think of reasons that make this company a good one to work for, at least in my position and location. Senior site management is open to suggestions and promotes education and innovation.

Cons

Flattening has reduced opportunity for advancement. Reduction in force has reduced opportunity even for lateral movement. If you're in work related to manufacturing, you're stuck where you are. Layoffs have become a yearly occurrence. Management is making stupid decisions. Want a new laptop? Tough luck this year, even if your equipment is slower than a snail. Also, layoff all the people in manufacturing who know what they're doing. When things fall into chaos, hire all new people who have no idea what they're doing who use up all the time of the few people left who do because they're busy training the new hires. Then scratch your head and wonder why everything's going to hell. Introduce all kinds of new systems for purchase requisitions, documents and other things then sit back and watch all the frustration when people try to learn several new things at once. Pfizer is doing a great job of ruining our integrity while encouraging us to "Own It."

Advice to Management

It may be great to learn about innovation and creativity, but lack of advancement opportunity (even laterally) is a good way to drive employees away.