There are newer employer reviews for Pfizer

Great place to work if you don't mind instability

Current Employee - Principal Scientist  in  Saint Louis, MO
Current Employee - Principal Scientist in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Pfizer

Pros

Resources of a large pharmaceutical company, growth opportunities, many projects to get involved with and learn

Cons

Constant M&A activity, communication gaps due to size of the company

Reignite R&D, but not through M&A.

1130 Other Employee Reviews for Pfizer (View Most Recent)

Pfizer: Very good company with room for improvement (esp., senior mgmt, more careful scrutiny of outsourcing dollars).

Former Employee - Project Manager  in  New London, CT
    Former Employee - Project Manager in New London, CT

I worked at Pfizer

Pros

The salaries, bonuses and overall benefits are very good. Overall the people are very dedicated, very hard-working and very capable. Employees take pride in the work they do.

Cons

Decision-making of senior management is in question. Company reorganizes too often - this is disruptive and leads to feeling that your job is insecure (hurts morale).. The company should seriously consider giving some type of bonus incentive to all employees.

They should look outside Pfizer to fill senior management positions. Instead, when they reorganize they have a high tendancy to to "recycle" the senior mgmt individuals to other senior mgmt positions. Thus the "thinking" on how to manage the company tends not to change. Individuals who are poor managers tend to remain in management instead of being managed out of the organization. Additionallly, senior management should scrutinze more carefully waste of money - e.g., money spent on outsourcing is not as carefully scrutinized as it should be.

It can be done- we are moving to a better place and will get there

Current Employee - Senior Director  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Senior Director in New York, NY

I have been working at Pfizer

Pros

There is a lot of very talented people here. It is a shame more people dont realize this. The place is awash with talent and yet everyone is complaining about the challenges we face and how we are all going down a hole. I say with the people this company has we can make it happen. We were aching for change and action and that is what we have and i think it is a good thing. We need to make a positive state of mind prevail. it is easy to be distracted by all of the negativism. Easy to criticize and a lot harder to do something about it. I think the people the company has will pull it off and that is the best thing about this job.

Cons

the negativeness right now permeating the company and the fact that in many aspects it is somewhat monolithic and inertial. but there is clear willingness to change.

Keep communicating all efforts you are doing to turn this ship around. Keep on driving the focus to what can be achieved. Keep communicating a clear vision of what can be achieved. Give more chance to the great talent you have in house. Get real not only about developing talent but about managing C players.

There are newer employer reviews for Pfizer

Worked for Pfizer? Contribute to the Community!