Pfizer
www.pfizer.com New York, NY 5000+ Employees

Best job that I have ever had.

Senior Corporate Counsel (Current Employee)
Montreal, QC (Canada)

I have been working at Pfizer

ProsCompetitive salary and good benefits. Because the corporation is a matrix organization, there are many opportunities to work in different departments. Advancement seems to be fair. Flexible hours are also a benefit. Resources are never an issue, although budget is becoming more of a managed affair. Educational assistance plan is very generous. Directors also are provided a vehice and gas card.

ConsLarge organization that tends to switch strategies every 1.5 years. The reporting chain is somewhat artifcial due to its regional groupings. The sales force is somewhat cavalier. HR is very large, but offers little personal service. Corporate messaging sometimes lack sincerity.

Advice to Senior ManagementRely less on strategic consultants and listen to employees and stakeholders more.

Committed to the big white elephant.

Senior Scientist (Former Employee)

I worked at Pfizer

Pros: Great benefits package. Flexible work. Cons: Senior management are terrible. No sense of direction. … Advice to Senior Management: Any senior management who has been in Pfizer >15 years must… More

Pfizer gets worse before it gets better.

Professional Healthcare Representative (Current Employee)

I have been working at Pfizer

Pros: Great benefits - great healthcare with low premiums and low co-pays, no co-pays on medications, vision and dental/orthodontics. Some district managers are outstanding and… Cons: it is becoming a micro-managing company. Managers have fewer reps so they ride with them every two weeks. Managers want to be with… Advice to Senior Management: Don't reorganize every 12 months. It is disruptive to everyone and productivity… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Pfizer.

Worked for Pfizer? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Pfizer reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Pfizer CEO Ian Read. All reviews posted anonymously by Pfizer employees.