There are newer employer reviews for Pfizer

Quality people, products and processes

Former Employee - Senior Therapeutic Specialty Representative in Gainesville, FL

I worked at Pfizer full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Pfizer has been an excellent company to work for. The organization has consistently lived up to their value of respect for people...providing competitive compensation and benefits, and assuring that when layoffs occur, that those who are severed, are prepared for the transition. The quality of the work environment is often heavily influenced by direct leadership/management, and I have been very fortunate to work alongside some of the very best leaders I have come across.

Cons

A lack of continuity/frequent adjustments with regards to territory boundaries and account responsibilities has effectively equated to hitting the reset button on performance in a number of geographies. Pfizer is attempting to remain change agile, but in many situational examples, the sheer size of the organization often precludes local level input and influence on decisions that would further the greater enterprise.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. I left a stable job with good pay only to be laid off from this job a year later.

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in New London, CT
    Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in New London, CT

I worked at Pfizer as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

It was nice to be able to connect with people across several industries. In my position, I wasn't required to work every weekend.

Cons

Unstable work environment. Most people within the company, (at most locations,) know that they are in constant danger of being laid off. I was asked to leave a stable job to work at Pfizer, so I made a point to ask during the interview stage if my position was secure. I was told it was, though I found out 2 weeks after starting that it wasn't, then was laid off a year later.

2. Great learning experience for graduate interns

Former Contractor - Policy Intern in New York, NY
    Former Contractor - Policy Intern in New York, NY

I worked at Pfizer as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

I had the opportunity to work and meet very bright individuals in the pharmaceutical industry. This position was a great way to learn about the pharmaceutical industry after graduating from college.

Cons

Worked long hours some days, and did not get paid overtime. Also, it is very hard to move up the ladder and secure an entry level position at Pfizer.

Advice to Management

Open more entry-level positions for talented candidates.