Good Learning Experience

Former Intern - General Ledger Intern in Memphis, TN
Former Intern - General Ledger Intern in Memphis, TN

I worked at Pfizer as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Pfizer was a good experience as an intern. The staff was very receptive and friendly and would answer questions when possible. It was a great glimpse at corporate culture

Cons

As with some intern programs, I felt underutilized and had to continually ask for assignments due to the size and complexity of operations. I wasn't excited about the work I was doing though, I was just a number to a lot of people.

reviews filtered by
  1. Great Experience while it last

Former Employee - Primary Healthcare Representative in San Juan, PR
    Former Employee - Primary Healthcare Representative in San Juan, PR

I worked at Pfizer full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The Benefits/Compensation and co-workers are excellent

Cons

Too many changes/always fearful of losing your job

Advice to Management

I know that the Pharmaceutical industry is changing, but the constant changes in Pfizer are ridiculous. Sometimes we thought that you don't know what you''re doing.

2. Quality people, products and processes

Former Employee - Senior Therapeutic Specialty Representative in Gainesville, FL

I worked at Pfizer full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Pfizer has been an excellent company to work for. The organization has consistently lived up to their value of respect for people...providing competitive compensation and benefits, and assuring that when layoffs occur, that those who are severed, are prepared for the transition. The quality of the work environment is often heavily influenced by direct leadership/management, and I have been very fortunate to work alongside some of the very best leaders I have come across.

Cons

A lack of continuity/frequent adjustments with regards to territory boundaries and account responsibilities has effectively equated to hitting the reset button on performance in a number of geographies. Pfizer is attempting to remain change agile, but in many situational examples, the sheer size of the organization often precludes local level input and influence on decisions that would further the greater enterprise.