Pfizer

www.pfizer.com

I left a stable job with good pay only to be laid off from this job a year later.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  New London, CT
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New London, CT

Pros

It was nice to be able to connect with people across several industries. In my position, I wasn't required to work every weekend.

Cons

Unstable work environment. Most people within the company, (at most locations,) know that they are in constant danger of being laid off. I was asked to leave a stable job to work at Pfizer, so I made a point to ask during the interview stage if my position was secure. I was told it was, though I found out 2 weeks after starting that it wasn't, then was laid off a year later.

Other reviews for Pfizer

IT - Pfizer - tough to get stuff done

Current Employee - Senior Business Analyst  in  Collegeville, PA
    Current Employee - Senior Business Analyst in Collegeville, PA

Pros

Great Benefits, and to access to training (both professional and non-professional) is good.

Cons

The higher ups talk a good game.. the usual "my door is always open", "we promote a work-life balance". But rarely act on "suggestions". The survey's that mgmt asks for are a complete joke. The Executive Leadership team, wants to hear from the worker bee's to make it look as if they are involved, but honestly very little has been to done to make the job easier to handle. It is Mgmt 101, if mgmt gives you one, or two more projects that are high priority, then one or two items must be taken away from you in order to let you work on those high priority projects, in the 7 years I've been with them, that has never happened once. There is absolutely no communication between the various sections within IT. I do not know that a policy has changed until, it is too late.

Look it is very simple, you have had ample years of survey results telling you that there is a problem with getting stuff done, it is not as easy as it was even 4 years ago. Listen to the "worker bee's", and fix it.

Vice President - Compliance

Current Employee - Vice President  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Vice President in New York, NY

Pros

Great industry and product line

Cons

Poor record on culture and diversity

There are newer employer reviews for Pfizer.

Worked for Pfizer? Contribute to the Community!