Pfizer

www.pfizer.com

Tough Company to Work For

Current Employee - Director
Current Employee - Director

Pros

Many expert professionals dedicated to good outcomes. Great compensation and benefits.

Cons

Top-down management style. Rhetoric of core values with focus on employees doesn't match actions. Creative thought and action is stifled as middle management tends to be risk-averse for fear of stepping on leadership's toes when it comes to initiatives, strategic decision-making, etc. An intimidating culture...fun and greater purpose has been removed.

People, people, people. Trust your employees...you hired and pay them for their expertise. Let them tell you the good, bad and ugly, so that the organization can make the most informed decisions. Don't reject creative thought and actions motivated for the greater good, even though it may run counter to some personal agendas and ambitions.

Other reviews for Pfizer

good experience

Pros

good territories, good balance of home and work

Cons

There really is not anything I can think of

detail pages less busy

Interviewed for the position I held as a contractor for more than a year

Current Employee - Manager  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Manager in New York, NY

Pros

Encouraged me right up until the end! - took advantage of all of my ideas for improvement and really improved the program...

Cons

Told me that they preferred to hire within - when asked for them to confirm that 1. I didn't have the most experience or 2. I didn't have the best ideas for program improvement or 3. I wasn't the best fit for the program and job description - I was told - "No, I didn't say any of that. What I am saying is this is the best for Pfizer, Inc. People are losing their jobs - we need to put them somewhere." - I then went on to set up a new infrastructure and train all of the "new hires" - people they needed to put somewhere so that they didn't have to report them as turnover...

Stop taking advantage of contractors and the economy. If you need the support of contractors for multiple years at a time, do the right thing and hire them as employees.

There are newer employer reviews for Pfizer.

Worked for Pfizer? Contribute to the Community!