Pfizer
www.pfizer.com New York, NY 5000+ Employees

Tough Company to Work For

Director (Current Employee)

I have been working at Pfizer full-time for more than 10 years

ProsMany expert professionals dedicated to good outcomes. Great compensation and benefits.

ConsTop-down management style. Rhetoric of core values with focus on employees doesn't match actions. Creative thought and action is stifled as middle management tends to be risk-averse for fear of stepping on leadership's toes when it comes to initiatives, strategic decision-making, etc. An intimidating culture...fun and greater purpose has been removed.

Advice to Senior ManagementPeople, people, people. Trust your employees...you hired and pay them for their expertise. Let them tell you the good, bad and ugly, so that the organization can make the most informed decisions. Don't reject creative thought and actions motivated for the greater good, even though it may run counter to some personal agendas and ambitions.

good experience

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Pfizer

Pros: good territories, good balance of home and work Cons: There really is not anything I can think of Advice to Senior Management: detail pages less busy Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Interviewed for the position I held as a contractor for more than a year

Manager (Current Employee)
New York, NY

I have been working at Pfizer full-time for more than a year

Pros: Encouraged me right up until the end! - took advantage of… Cons: Told me that they preferred to hire within - when asked for them to confirm that 1. I didn't have the most experience or 2.… Advice to Senior Management: Stop taking advantage of contractors and the economy. If you need the support of contractors… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Pfizer.

Worked for Pfizer? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Pfizer reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Pfizer CEO Ian Read. All reviews posted anonymously by Pfizer employees.