Great place to work

I have been working at Pfizer full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I love the work I get to do. Very rewarding. The people are great. Trustworthy leadership. People are treated with respect.

Cons

It is a big organization. So it can be difficult to move as quickly as you'd like sometimes. There are multiple layers of decision making required. But that's nature of almost any large company. And the extra layers does offer additional compliance checks so it's necessarily a bad thing

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

I worked for Pfizer 18+ years in various sales and sales management capacities, and participated in 21 product launchs

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

I worked at Pfizer full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

During the days of blockbuster medications and huge profits, innovation and initiative were celebrated and rewarded. I worked with some of the finest managers who were gifted leaders and found a way to tap into each individuals strengths. Their focus was positive development and continuous improvement. You never needed to to 'keep your head down', but rather your opinion was required and expected. Having worked in a healthy work culture, you can recognize it anywhere, and also become quickly aware when the culture is not aligned with the stated business goals.

Cons

Respect for people became a lost core value. Leaders left Pfizer and were replaced by management governed by greed and desperate, dishonest yes men.

2. Good pay and excellent colleagues,but general atmosphere of mistrust

Former Contractor - Systems Consultant in Philadelphia, Richmond, NC
    Former Contractor - Systems Consultant in Philadelphia, Richmond, NC

I worked at Pfizer as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

The job was challenging and the pay was better than that at similar companies I have researched. Benefits package was one of the best I have ever had.

Cons

Understandably, the company guards its intellectual property, but even after 2 years of work with excellent reviews and job growth, I still felt like I was not trusted. This might be explained by my own paranoia had I not worked in similar positions for competing companies and experienced the difference.

Advice to Management

Once you have vetted your employees, treat them with more respect and professionalism.