Great place to work

I have been working at Pfizer full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I love the work I get to do. Very rewarding. The people are great. Trustworthy leadership. People are treated with respect.

Cons

It is a big organization. So it can be difficult to move as quickly as you'd like sometimes. There are multiple layers of decision making required. But that's nature of almost any large company. And the extra layers does offer additional compliance checks so it's necessarily a bad thing

Other Employee Reviews for Pfizer

I worked for Pfizer 18+ years in various sales and sales management capacities, and participated in 21 product launchs

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

I worked at Pfizer full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

During the days of blockbuster medications and huge profits, innovation and initiative were celebrated and rewarded. I worked with some of the finest managers who were gifted leaders and found a way to tap into each individuals strengths. Their focus was positive development and continuous improvement. You never needed to to 'keep your head down', but rather your opinion was required and expected. Having worked in a healthy work culture, you can recognize it anywhere, and also become quickly aware when the culture is not aligned with the stated business goals.

Cons

Respect for people became a lost core value. Leaders left Pfizer and were replaced by management governed by greed and desperate, dishonest yes men.

2. Big company, lots of opportunity if you are change agile

Current Employee - Senior Principal Scientist in Cambridge, MA
    Current Employee - Senior Principal Scientist in Cambridge, MA

I have been working at Pfizer full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Subculture in research is great. Even with downsizing, lots of people with great specialties and any equipment you want. Great location in Cambridge.

Cons

Typical down sides as with any huge company. Also typical downsides with any research venture is the risk associated with drug development.