Great Company & People

Former Employee - Professional Healthcare Representative in Columbus, OH
Former Employee - Professional Healthcare Representative in Columbus, OH

I worked at Pfizer full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The training is phenomenal and the people are smart and energetic. The compensation, healthcare and other benefits (such as paid maternity/paternity leave) are best in the industry.

Cons

The job became a little monotonous after a few years. Also, the company went through several major layoffs, which shook the morale of the remaining employees.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Great place to work

I have been working at Pfizer full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I love the work I get to do. Very rewarding. The people are great. Trustworthy leadership. People are treated with respect.

Cons

It is a big organization. So it can be difficult to move as quickly as you'd like sometimes. There are multiple layers of decision making required. But that's nature of almost any large company. And the extra layers does offer additional compliance checks so it's necessarily a bad thing

Who's on First?

Current Employee - Senior Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Pfizer full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good brand, good HQ location in midtown Manhattan, open to flexible work arrangements

Cons

The company is a big, ever changing mess. Constant turnover at leadership levels, either due to restructuring, layoffs or people leaving makes it very difficult to get traction, either on projects or in professional growth. Just when I felt I had established a rapport with a manager I got a new one and had to start over. Zero emphasis on people development; this is not a culture of managing down, the people who advance are the ones who focus on managing up, even if they ignore their direct reports. If can be almost comical how much time leaders spend jockeying for position against each other rather than collaborating on goals that increase value.

Advice to Management

Institute 360 reviews ASAP!