Who's on First?

Current Employee - Senior Manager in New York, NY
Current Employee - Senior Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Pfizer full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good brand, good HQ location in midtown Manhattan, open to flexible work arrangements

Cons

The company is a big, ever changing mess. Constant turnover at leadership levels, either due to restructuring, layoffs or people leaving makes it very difficult to get traction, either on projects or in professional growth. Just when I felt I had established a rapport with a manager I got a new one and had to start over. Zero emphasis on people development; this is not a culture of managing down, the people who advance are the ones who focus on managing up, even if they ignore their direct reports. If can be almost comical how much time leaders spend jockeying for position against each other rather than collaborating on goals that increase value.

Advice to Management

Institute 360 reviews ASAP!

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. director

Former Employee - Director in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Director in New York, NY

I worked at Pfizer full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

excellent leadership, respect for people, good benefits

Cons

occasional politics, lack of transparency in promotions

Advice to Management

more transparency in hiring/promoting practices

I worked for Pfizer 18+ years in various sales and sales management capacities, and participated in 21 product launchs

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

I worked at Pfizer full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

During the days of blockbuster medications and huge profits, innovation and initiative were celebrated and rewarded. I worked with some of the finest managers who were gifted leaders and found a way to tap into each individuals strengths. Their focus was positive development and continuous improvement. You never needed to to 'keep your head down', but rather your opinion was required and expected. Having worked in a healthy work culture, you can recognize it anywhere, and also become quickly aware when the culture is not aligned with the stated business goals.

Cons

Respect for people became a lost core value. Leaders left Pfizer and were replaced by management governed by greed and desperate, dishonest yes men.