There are newer employer reviews for Pfizer

Pizer Corporation

Former Employee - QC Scientist in Andover, MA
Former Employee - QC Scientist in Andover, MA

I worked at Pfizer full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

As far as biotech goes, advanced. Especially computer systems, documentation, trending, and OE

Cons

Felt like a big corporation. You are just another number.

Advice to Management

Give people merit for their hard work, not to those who brown nose.

reviews filtered by

Low Morale

Former Employee - Principal Scientist
    Former Employee - Principal Scientist

I worked at Pfizer full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Excellent people. Excellent resources. Good benefits (but are getting cut). Generally work/life balance is good.

Cons

After a decade of constant layoffs, morale is terrible. You can feel like the axe can fall at any time. Pfizer is too quick to go to layoffs without assessing the portfolio needs a few years out. Too driven by accountants and the immediate financials instead of playing the long game. The delayering from a few years ago created very little room for moving up the corporate latter. The annual news is always to do more with fewer resources. In the almost decade of work, I never got anything more than a 3% annual pay raise despite always getting solid to excellent annual reviews.

Advice to Management

Stop with the stock buybacks and invest in your people and products. You always talk about how we have excellent people and then go and buy another company. After a decade of annual layoffs and disruptions, don't act surprised that productivity is low. Give us the proper resources, support, and job security to do our jobs and let us show you want we can do.

2. Ying and yang, depends upon manager.

Former Employee - Director in Peapack, NJ
    Former Employee - Director in Peapack, NJ

I worked at Pfizer full-time

Pros

Decent benefits, nice severance package, nice campuses.

Cons

Constant threat of job loss, depending upon your manager/department must be available via phone and computer to work after hours and on weekends. in short, they espouse work life balance but don't mean it. Overworked people hold up what you are on the line to complete leading to even more stress. Great place to learn how to stab people in the back, while appearing innocent, in order to keep your own job. Throwing people under the buss is an art form here.

Advice to Management

Figure out how to develop new drugs and spend less time figuring out how to cut costs. Soon the costs will be down to zero along with the sales.

There are newer employer reviews for Pfizer