www.pfizer.com

Legacy Wyeth employee turned Pfizer transitioned employee

Former Employee - Business Analyst in Malvern, PA
Former Employee - Business Analyst in Malvern, PA

I worked at Pfizer

Pros

Legacy Wyeth employee, so I actually identify more with Wyeth than Pfizer. As Wyeth, very fair pay and benefits. Room for advancement and excellent work environment. Overall very satisfied as a Wyeth employee.

Cons

The biggest downside was being the victim of downsizing due to the Pfizer/Wyeth merger. I never got a full sense of the Pfizer downsides otherwise.

Consider talent over sheer headcount when reducing staff. The knowledgeable and experienced co-workers that I saw leaving due to the merger was astounding.

1194 Other Employee Reviews for Pfizer (View Most Recent)

Former Employee - Director in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Director in New York, NY

I worked at Pfizer

Pros

Fairly talented middle management. Good saalries and benefits. market leader in several therapeutic areas. Experience at Pfizer is well recognized by other pharma companies.

Cons

Poor IT top managment. Massive financial mismanagement. Most of the talented people have either left or are on way out.

Preserve the talent that is left. Reward the capable colleagues.

Not the best place to work if you like having a personal life

Former Employee - Professional Healthcare Representative II in Brooklyn, NY
    Former Employee - Professional Healthcare Representative II in Brooklyn, NY

I worked at Pfizer

Pros

The Benefits package, decent salary

Cons

LONG hours, little or no work/life balance, managers promote based on company politics more than actual competence.

Start treating your employees like they actually matter, since we're the ones who help you meet that "bottom line" year after year. When I started working for Pfizer, I was treated with respect, felt like I was an important part of the company, and wasn't expected to work insane hours every day of the week. Just 6 years later, however, the company had changed dramatically and was no longer a fun and great place to work. Getting laid off was a blessing in disguise, as I am now working for a company that truly appreciates my hard work.

There are newer employer reviews for Pfizer