There are newer employer reviews for Pfizer

Despite recent problems still a good career option

Current Employee - Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative in Madison, WI
Current Employee - Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative in Madison, WI

I have been working at Pfizer

Pros

The overall benefit package from pfizer is very good. They still have a portfolio of first in class drugs and a good R&D pipeline in certain areas such as cancer. Because they are one of the leading drug companies in the world it makes the job of selling easier. They are very well respected among customers so Doctors are willing to meet with you and discuss your products. The culture is still good from a sales reps perspective and the training is good. The resources available although never ideal are still way ahead of smaller competitors. Overall it's still a good place to work.

Cons

The landscape for pharmaceutical selling is changing rapidly and Pfizer has been slow to respond to the change. The way we conduct our business will have to change to meet the changing market and the way we are measured and compensated will need to change to make the sales job continue to be viable in the long term. Because it is a large organization there is a lot of bureaucracy. This slows things down at the local level. For example Pfizer doesn't contract competitively enough with managed care plans. They need to contract better at the local level.
There is a climate of fear and uncertainty about job security currently.

They should put in place a more comprehensive approach to hiring managers and not just assessment based on sales.
Give more autonomy to regional mangers for decision making

reviews filtered by
  1. The ups and Downs of a health care representative

Current Employee - Pharmaceutical Representative in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Pharmaceutical Representative in New York, NY

I have been working at Pfizer

Pros

1. Benefits- This is a company that gives employees more benefits then any other. Kudos to Pfizer for this great occurrence
    2. Opportunity to grow- District manager interaction creates room for growth as a person.
    3. Resources to do your job- Working for a large company has its benefits... including the budget we once had for doctor representative interaction
    4. Teamwork- Many teams work hard together to achieve success and they are rewarded for this success
    5. Respect-Pfizer respects its employees.

Cons

1. Instability- we fear we may loose our jobs every day
    2. Lack of information shared from HQ- Employees have no specific information on the future of the company
    3. Not enough accountability- Kindler has not once apologized or accepted responsibility for the stocks value or the company's lack of growth

1. Purchase a big competitor
    2. Purchase a consumer goods company
    3. Make employees feel stable with their jobs

2. E coast finance and Pfizer robs MidWest of Warner Lambert, Pharmacia, and Searle & ~50000 jobs.

Current Employee - R&D Specialist in Kalamazoo, MI
    Current Employee - R&D Specialist in Kalamazoo, MI

I have been working at Pfizer

Pros

Good pay, excellent retirement benefits

Cons

no job security, too much change

Look within how to diversify business beyond the current failed model of ddiscovery and development of blockbusters

There are newer employer reviews for Pfizer