Pfizer
3.3 of 5 1,059 reviews
www.pfizer.com New York, NY 5000+ Employees

Despite recent problems still a good career option

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative (Current Employee)
Madison, WI

ProsThe overall benefit package from pfizer is very good. They still have a portfolio of first in class drugs and a good R&D pipeline in certain areas such as cancer. Because they are one of the leading drug companies in the world it makes the job of selling easier. They are very well respected among customers so Doctors are willing to meet with you and discuss your products. The culture is still good from a sales reps perspective and the training is good. The resources available although never ideal are still way ahead of smaller competitors. Overall it's still a good place to work.

ConsThe landscape for pharmaceutical selling is changing rapidly and Pfizer has been slow to respond to the change. The way we conduct our business will have to change to meet the changing market and the way we are measured and compensated will need to change to make the sales job continue to be viable in the long term. Because it is a large organization there is a lot of bureaucracy. This slows things down at the local level. For example Pfizer doesn't contract competitively enough with managed care plans. They need to contract better at the local level.
There is a climate of fear and uncertainty about job security currently.

Advice to Senior ManagementThey should put in place a more comprehensive approach to hiring managers and not just assessment based on sales.
Give more autonomy to regional mangers for decision making

The ups and Downs of a health care representative

Pharmaceutical Representative (Current Employee)
    New York, NY

I have been working at Pfizer

Pros: 1. Benefits- This is a company that gives employees more benefits then any other. Kudos to Pfizer for this great occurrence 2. Opportunity to grow- District… Cons: 1. Instability- we fear we may loose our jobs every day 2. Lack of information shared from HQ- Employees have no specific information on the future… Advice to Senior Management: 1. Purchase a big competitor 2. Purchase a consumer goods company 3.… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

The near future looks depressing

Cta (Current Employee)
    New York, NY

I have been working at Pfizer

Pros: The salary and benefits are very good. Most people here have their own offices which I think is great. From what I’ve seen in two… Cons: In the past two years there have been massive layoffs. We know that more are coming our way. Many job functions have been outsourced. … Advice to Senior Management: Pfizer has to become more than a pill maker if we are going to succeed. My experience and contacts within the Sales Force drives my… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Pfizer.

Worked for Pfizer? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Pfizer reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Pfizer CEO Ian Read. All reviews posted anonymously by Pfizer employees.