Phacil, Inc.

www.phacil.com
  www.phacil.com
There are newer employer reviews for Phacil, Inc.

One would think that certain days couldn't get any worse, and then you work for Phacil..

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

I have been working at Phacil, Inc. full-time

Pros

co-workers are a pleasure as is the federal environment

Cons

Absolutely one of THE most incompetent management staff I've ever worked with. They have little knowledge of what they're actually managing but they really care about redoing the org chart every few weeks for no apparent reason. Not to mention their constant "firing" sessions were they fire 2 or 3 people at a time every single time their profit margins are squeezed a little.

Try figuring out what your people actually DO. Stop promoting people within your "good-old-boy's" network and consider paying overtime to people that are bending over backwards to keep the systems functional.

Phacil, Inc. Response

Sep 20, 2014Phacil Rep

Phacil agrees with the focus on the org chart – we pride ourselves on having a flat, optimized, high-performing organization on contracts. In some instances, we work through an elongated transition ... More

56 Other Employee Reviews for Phacil, Inc. (View Most Recent)

Poorly managed nightmare

Former Employee - Senior Systems Analyst in Fort Collins, CO
    Former Employee - Senior Systems Analyst in Fort Collins, CO

I worked at Phacil, Inc. full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The people were nice, and the individual contributors seemed to know what they were doing. Pay was decent, but not great

Cons

Management seemed to re-plan the work every week or two, constantly changing directions and making older completed work obsolete due to the new changes. Work-life balance was almost non existent, site management expected employees to come in on the weekends and often no overtime was paid. The site where I worked has shut down since I left due to them losing the contract.

Consider hiring better lower and middle managers who understand project planning

Phacil, Inc. Response

Sep 20, 2014Phacil Rep

As part of the Phacil Commitment, we provide services that meet, or exceed, the expectations of our customers through our total commitment to continuous improvement. This sometimes means altering the ... More

Excellent company

Former Employee - Systems Engineer in Bethesda, MD
    Former Employee - Systems Engineer in Bethesda, MD

I worked at Phacil, Inc. full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I really loved my job as a systems engineer at phacil at their bethesda, MD location. The people on the phacil team are all competent and many far above that in respect to their jobs. I worked at the location for 1 1/2 years.

I ended up having to seek psychological help and whether this was due to stress or my own inability to handle life's pressures I would like to say that my management (Keith Richardson, and Don Michelli I would signal out specifically) went far and above out their way to help me work through my issues. It wasn't easy and I do appreciate how they specifically helped me. Most companies even if you are VERY GOOD at your job probably wouldn't be bothered. I was very good at my job but in the end I quit because I couldn't find a good therapist and I kept having my medication switched which just created up n downs that just prevented me from having a stable personality during the day. How I was supposed to function and work through that I'm not sure but end result was that I quit and stopped taking all medications.

Cons

They only handle government contracts. Working with government employees is difficult as they are incompetent (mostly) and this was the major aggravation factor for me in my job.

Give your people 4 weeks vacation per year. They've all earned it.

There are newer employer reviews for Phacil, Inc.