There are newer employer reviews for Phacil, Inc.

I wish I never worked as a PM for this company

Former Employee - Program Manager in Washington, DC
Former Employee - Program Manager in Washington, DC

I worked at Phacil, Inc. full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

None. However, they have an excellent support staff (HR, Payroll, CS).

Cons

Very rude and inconsiderate executive management. Especially, the CEO is totally out of touch about the real work or the people. No hesitation to throw you under the bus without any notice. They care less about the employee, just their bottom lines. They treat managers like scapegoats to squeeze better profits. No matter what hours of the day, you have to be available (24x7). There is no real education benefits unless you burn your own time.

Advice to Management

Try to understand the deliverable on the SOWs and what it takes to make them happen. Be sensitive to people and their lives.

Phacil, Inc. Response

Sep 20, 2014Phacil Rep

We are glad to hear that your experience with Phacil’s support staff was excellent. Your experience with our CEO does cause dismay, as it is also inconsistent with the preponderance of feedback we ... More

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

The Job is Great, Management is in Disarray

I have been working at Phacil, Inc. full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Enjoy working with our government customer. Nice facility. Some opportunity for advancement with the right certs.

Cons

Sexual harassment and inappropriate behavior by lower-management/leads goes unchecked. Several incidents where an employee clearly should have been let go were swept under the carpet.
    You are strongly discouraged from contacting HR in fear of reprisals including the loss of your job.
    There is absolutely no anonymity when you speak with management and/or HR about an issue.
    The condescending tone and tactics used by lower management is astounding. Manage by intimidation.

Advice to Management

Not much to offer as I believe they fully know how their contracts are managed; this type of management is generally top-down in nature.

Phacil, Inc. Response

Sep 20, 2014Phacil Rep

We instill in our managers the importance of treating employees as we want employees to treat the Customer and how we want to be treated as noted in the Phacil Commitment (which is posted on our ... More

Good place to work. Good Bosses and good relations with the government client.

Current Employee - Senior Subject Matter Expert in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Senior Subject Matter Expert in Washington, DC

I have been working at Phacil, Inc. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Enjoyable work so far. Challenging but well compensated. Good support structure with corporate HR and reachback if you ever have a problem.

Cons

The usual life of a support contractor. Will they win the option or a re-compete is always a challenging time. But, we knew that when we signed up.... right?

Advice to Management

None right now