BAD job, BAD manager, BAD pay

Current Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Concord, NH

I have been working at PharMerica full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

None that I know of

Cons

Hostile, harrassing, discriminating workplace, very dirty, not cleaned often, trash not emptied regulary, there are bugs everywhere, massive amounts of dirt, dust and pills on the shelves and floors, pills are reused even if dropped in trash or on floors, dirty equipment stored/cleaned with clean inventory, negative gossip, verbal attacks on coworkers, a manager who knows all this but hates the company as well, he is always putting down his managers and the company to the workforce, I think that if you are a technician or pharmacist and nearing retirement you could come here and hang out, do nothing till you retire making othes miserable and disliking you.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

It is absolutely the worst employer and management

Current Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Concord, NH

I have been working at PharMerica full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I can't think of anything pro

Cons

It is a filthy pharmacy. Employees drop pills on floor and pick thme up and put them in prescriptions. Employees eat and drink at their workareas. Building is only cleaned twice/week. Trash overflows when full. There are bugs, dead and alive, trhroughout the building. The manager is absolutely clueless and him and a couple other men seem to like to touch and rub the women in an inappropriate way. The gossip, rumors and behind the back telakin is outrageous. People will tear you aprt because you are not doing things there way even if they are not doing it as directed. There are a few employees who make this a miserable place to work. They will hat you if you do not bow to their ways. There are no known/available written policies and procedures. They store and clean disrty and/or contamintaed equipment with thier clean coumpounding equipment and employees personal coffe cups.

Advice to Management

Replace Manager and some employees, This place is filthy, hostile, discriminating and violates many federal and staet pharmacy regulations

Are you a warm body? Apply Here!

Current Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at PharMerica full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Let's see.... where do I start? Oh - why yes there's the recognition factor. At your 5 year, 10year, and 15 year (etc.) you get a catalog and may choose a gift. The gifts are ok. The coffee is free in our spacious but over airconditioned breakroom (though one day the Pharmacy Director posted our monthly bill). PTO (personal time off) is for full time employees only but accumulates at a rapid rate and you can carry 80 hours over each year.

Cons

Management is inconsistent in enforcing rules. Certain people seem exempt from reprimand while others do what they please. The head guy here has no authority - the Pharmacy Director/Manager (mgmt. titles seem to be very flexible) has him under her thumb. One person does something stupid and everyone gets punished - they don't go to the culprit, as a result everyone is inconvenienced; restricted; admonished by MEMO. Anyone who wishes to sit down (who works in dispensing) must now get their doctor to fill out forms from HR - then HR doles out permission to use a chair. There's been only an overall 2% raise now for the past several years. For a couple years everyone got the same - so the worst of us got the same as the best of us. Now you have to meet a standard of "minimum expectations". There is no raise if you move from one department to another - though you have to apply for that job. And the worst of all this is that we are losing homes - 1 facility is dropping out every 2 weeks from here till next year - (2 so far) 12 in all I believe. Our future is bleak.

Advice to Management

Well- there could be more consistency in policy enforcement. And when making changes in areas in the way we do things - ask for some feedback. You know - care about what your employees think. For the most part we have the impression that management feels we technicians are a "dime a dozen". Even though we know this is true - you don't have to be so blatant in your attitude towards us.