There are newer employer reviews for PharMerica

During my extern at PharMerica

Current Employee - Pharmacy Technician  in  Fresno, CA
Current Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Fresno, CA

I have been working at PharMerica as an intern for less than a year

Pros

I like how the system and the layout is. They make you feel like family.

Cons

Probably not enough hours like a full time job there.

Take a leadership role, don't be afraid to get your hands dirty. If you put in some work, then the rest of the team will follow.

70 Other Employee Reviews for PharMerica (View Most Recent)

Worst job ever

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Brockton, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brockton, MA

I worked at PharMerica full-time for less than a year

Pros

The health insurance benefits are decent.

Cons

Well to start off there is no real trainer, you are trained by several employees that all do things differently. You start the job off being completely confused and immediately start being blamed for anything that goes wrong. The management here is a joke, they have never actually had any management experience so don't expect to be able to turn to them for anything. In all the time I worked there I think my supervisor said about three words to me at most. Anytime that I had a question about something I was told to email someone, who in turn would tell me to ask my lead or supervisor who would then tell me to email again. There is no real concern for the patients or the employees. You are treated like dirt.
    The actual facility itself is extremely dirty, the bathrooms were always disgusting and I have seen roaches crawling around on the floor on several occasions.
    The turnaround is extremely high, and with good reason. There is no real opportunity for advancement.

Teach your managers how to manage. Hire a trainer.

Not a great place to work, but it is a paycheck

Current Employee - Medical Records Associate  in  Louisville, KY
    Current Employee - Medical Records Associate in Louisville, KY

I have been working at PharMerica full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

A few decent hardworking people work there. And we have free coffee, hot chocolate and a ice machine.

Cons

Raises are not very good. The mood is not good. And hardly any appreciation from management for hard work, when they do say somethiing, it comes across as fake.

Management and Supervisors are quite unpleasant at times to work with. We have been told to try to be positive, as we are going through changes. However, for the most part the supervisors don't even speak to most of the associates. How are we to be positive when our leaders are so miserable they can't even say good morning? The attendance policy stinks. For some unknown reason, some people can go forever without getting fired, who should be for poor attendance and other reasons. The "point" system needs to go..it is NOT working. It seems to me it allows some to hang on to their job until they "point out" when they should have been gone long ago. And as for many employees who have the wonderful FMLA, wow, the company should really try to investigate them further. Many of them use FMLA for family fun days. Unfortunately it only hurts the rest of us who actually show up everyday and work. My advice to management is to have some type of training classes for supervisors and management to actually teach them to be more approachable. And have something in place to show appreciation to employees who show up for work and try to do their best. It seems the employees who screw up the most, get the most pats on the back.. really SCREWED up place!

There are newer employer reviews for PharMerica

Worked for PharMerica? Contribute to the Community!