Good CRO

Current Employee - Senior Statistical Programmer in Indianapolis, IN
Current Employee - Senior Statistical Programmer in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at PharmaNet/i3 full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good company to work for. I have not had a lot of over time. They have paid me well and I have provided valuable work for them.

Cons

The benefits are probably in line with other CROs but there are other companies outside this industry who provide better ones.

Other Employee Reviews for PharmaNet/i3

1. Good Company

Current Employee - Vendor Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Vendor Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at PharmaNet/i3 full-time

Pros

High volume of work in the pipeline

Cons

none to add at this time

Advice to Management

None

A company in chaos, swirling around the bowl...

Current Employee - Non-Management in Princeton, NJ
    Current Employee - Non-Management in Princeton, NJ

I have been working at PharmaNet/i3 full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Colleagues are good, and we all try to treat each other well

Cons

Company merger (of Pharmanet, i3, and inVentive Clinical Services) is being badly mishandled Company management seems to be absolutely clueless We had round after round of layoffs, and then management realized there weren't enough people to do the work... so they are trying to hire new people, but the word is out that this is a terrible place to work Upper management gives "lip service" to the things that need to be done ("We know we have a retention problem..."), but never actually DOES anything about problems ("...so we have formed a working committee to determine what needs to be done," and then you never heard another word about the problem OR the working committee's efforts)

Advice to Management

Treating skilled, knowledgeable employees like a bunch of replaceable, interchangeable parts will not work in the long run From your level, everything may look like it's running just fine, but in the trenches people are confused and demoralized Attempts to squeeze money out of your employees (by cutting paid time off, minimizing raises, cutting benefits, and having the employees pay more for their benefits) means that the majority of employees are job-hunting. So you're going to lose those who are able to find other jobs, and be left with only those who cannot find any other work. You need to stem the tide of people leaving, but I'm not even sure that's possible...