There are newer employer reviews for Pharmaceutical Product Development

great for starting out in the field

Current Employee - CRA II in Cincinnati, OH
Current Employee - CRA II in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Pharmaceutical Product Development full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Hire home-based employees with no previous monitoring experience, as long as the background implies that the candidate is trainable for CRA work. Also, I'm not usually traveling so much that I get burnt out. For me, the work-life balance has been fine. I do believe that my line manager and my CTMs have a lot to do with that. Expense reporting simple and completely online. No mailing in receipts.

Cons

Pay, pay pay. Low on the scale. They are also starting to get a little excessive with tracking billable time. I really think they need to budget their studies a little better and get off the backs of the CRAs who are already handling a lot of work.

The pay scale needs to be increased. I propose, in order to get your turnover rate down, CRAs with a year in the company should get substantial rate increases that are more in line with other CROs. In my case, I need about $20k more a year to consider staying.

297 Other Employee Reviews for Pharmaceutical Product Development (View Most Recent)

Scientist

Current Employee - Scientist in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Scientist in Houston, TX

I have been working at Pharmaceutical Product Development full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

good pay, job challenging, close to home

Cons

not much career development, same type of work

none

Disorganized company; horrible training; confused management

Former Employee - Senior Project Manager
    Former Employee - Senior Project Manager

I worked at Pharmaceutical Product Development full-time (less than an year)

Pros

They are pretty quick to offer you a job when they are in need.

Cons

No support from upper management; if you don’t have a luck to get good manager- you are left to yourself to wander around and try to find what you need.

I don’t have advice