There are newer employer reviews for Pharmaceutical Product Development

What used to be an excellent CRO rapidly becoming an average CRO.

Current Employee - Principal Clinical Research Associate  in  Austin, TX
Current Employee - Principal Clinical Research Associate in Austin, TX

I have been working at Pharmaceutical Product Development full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Job stability, good pay, good benefits.

Cons

CRO work is universally unsatifsying for anyone who wants to be more than just a cog in a large wheel. Far too many layers of communication for efficient decision making, overly concerned with production over quality. Poor work/life balance due to unrealistic sponsor contracts and expectations and cumbersome systems.

Re-consider the amount of "training" you require from employees that will never be used in actual job function if you want us to remain >92% utilized. PLEASE upgrade to electronic TMF company-wide. Our systems are antiquated compared to industry, very inefficent. New Horizons is heartening but being rolled out far too slowly. It should not take PPD so long to provide FSP to clients. Stop micro-managing your Clin Ops people and let us function as the professionals we are. Deal with problem employees individually rather than trying to constrain behavior overall.

281 Other Employee Reviews for Pharmaceutical Product Development (View Most Recent)

I have had a pleasant experience at PPD.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Wilmington, NC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, NC

I have been working at Pharmaceutical Product Development full-time for less than a year

Pros

The people that I work with is by far the best thing about PPD.

Cons

Can be long hours sometimes, but it is the nature of the job.

Keep up the good work.

Great company, great future

Current Employee - Associate Director  in  Morrisville, NC
    Current Employee - Associate Director in Morrisville, NC

I have been working at Pharmaceutical Product Development full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Opportunity for development and advancement is there if you work for it. Industry leader and stable workplace. I enjoy coming to work each day. I've been here for a while and seen a lot of improvements over the past several years. The new CEO offers great leadership for our company.

Cons

Long hours, but part of the industry, but work life balance is managed with the ability to work when I need to.

Listen to the employees and continue to lead us in the right direction.

There are newer employer reviews for Pharmaceutical Product Development

Worked for Pharmaceutical Product Development? Contribute to the Community!