Pharmaceutical Product Development
www.ppdi.com Wilmington, NC 5000+ Employees

What used to be an excellent CRO rapidly becoming an average CRO.

Principal Clinical Research Associate (Current Employee)
Austin, TX

ProsJob stability, good pay, good benefits.

ConsCRO work is universally unsatifsying for anyone who wants to be more than just a cog in a large wheel. Far too many layers of communication for efficient decision making, overly concerned with production over quality. Poor work/life balance due to unrealistic sponsor contracts and expectations and cumbersome systems.

Advice to Senior ManagementRe-consider the amount of "training" you require from employees that will never be used in actual job function if you want us to remain >92% utilized. PLEASE upgrade to electronic TMF company-wide. Our systems are antiquated compared to industry, very inefficent. New Horizons is heartening but being rolled out far too slowly. It should not take PPD so long to provide FSP to clients. Stop micro-managing your Clin Ops people and let us function as the professionals we are. Deal with problem employees individually rather than trying to constrain behavior overall.

Good place to start out

Associate Scientist (Current Employee)
    Middleton, WI

I have been working at Pharmaceutical Product Development full-time for more than a year

Pros: Good experience, lots to learn in the field. good benefits. Fast pace,… Cons: Very heavy work load- not a very good work life… Advice to Senior Management: Management could be better. Different group leaders need to work… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Good internship experience

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Pharmaceutical Product Development as an intern

Pros: High Profile Company Name Great benefits On-site health center and gym Cons: Little actual work Poor communication Felt unimportant, unneeded, disposable Advice to Senior Management: Better communication with interns Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Pharmaceutical Product Development.

Worked for Pharmaceutical Product Development? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Pharmaceutical Product Development reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Pharmaceutical Product Development CEO David Simmons. All reviews posted anonymously by Pharmaceutical Product Development employees.