There are newer employer reviews for Pharmacyclics

Work Hard and Make a Difference

Current Employee - Development Operations in Sunnyvale, CA
Current Employee - Development Operations in Sunnyvale, CA

I have been working at Pharmacyclics full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Collaboration between functional groups is good, highly motivated colleagues, our drug is going to make a difference for many patients. Company culture is friendly, open door, and people are held to high standards.

Cons

Growth from start up to a real pharma company means we are still putting infrastructure in place. I work long days to keep on top of the workload.

As we have grown, upper management is less visible.

35 Other Employee Reviews for Pharmacyclics (View Most Recent)

Horrible place to be, but that's been well established by now.

Former Employee - Senior Level in Sunnyvale, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Level in Sunnyvale, CA

I worked at Pharmacyclics full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Little to speak of. The couple of recent positive reviews clearly from management team constantly covering up mistakes with even worse decisions. Management did bail this place out years ago, but with deep pockets, not strategic thinking, and leadership.

This place was perfect for those losers 3 years ago who couldn't get another job and got lucky with stock options.

Cons

This is an unethical company first and foremost. Managers are either given promotions, raises, praise when needed to work 'harder' or on the way down when their bonuses are due or disagree with the incompetent management. Rest of workforce are there for to work, work, work endlessly. Treated as subhuman.

This place is hopeless. Turnover is rampant. And they're struggling to find new talent since reputation is in the toilet. No one in their right mind would go there now.

horrid management but great product

Former Employee - Hematology Clinical Account Specialist in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Hematology Clinical Account Specialist in San Jose, CA

I worked at Pharmacyclics full-time (less than an year)

Pros

great product but completely messed up the launch and focused so much time on an indication that the product did not have at launch

Cons

Forced to train on "Genius Traits" which is very much like scientology of which the CEO is a member. Horrible culture. They fire people willy nilly. It is very clique-ish. If you didn't come over from Genentech you won't be part of the inner sanctum so you can kiss you chances of career development goodbye. I would avoid this company like the plague. Someone should buy them just to get the great product and get rid of all the management and in house team.

There are newer employer reviews for Pharmacyclics