Pharmacyclics

There are newer employer reviews for Pharmacyclics

Great drug, poor management

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

I have been working at Pharmacyclics full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Imbruvica is a great drug, and it is an honor for me to work toward getting it into the hands of as many patients as possible.

Cons

None of the people that had anything to do with the development of Imbruvica are still here. They were either fired indiscriminately by upper management, or quit on their own. What remains is a mediocre sales organization with some clinical folks to monitor the ongoing trials. As such, Pharmacyclics cannot be considered to be a serious long-term company and will not attract top talent.

It is time for the CEO and especially the COO to be replaced with serious pharma/biotech executives. Only in this way will Pharmacyclics be able to attract and retain top talent. How the COO got her current position is beyond me. As far as I can tell, she has no idea what Imbruvica is, or how it works. The other V.P.s are Yes-men sycophants that stay there presumably to allow their stock options to vest. None of this will change until the CEO and COO step aside for the good of the company.

48 Other Employee Reviews for Pharmacyclics (View Most Recent)

Horrible place to be, but that's been well established by now.

Former Employee - Senior Level in Sunnyvale, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Level in Sunnyvale, CA

I worked at Pharmacyclics full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Little to speak of. The couple of recent positive reviews clearly from management team constantly covering up mistakes with even worse decisions. Management did bail this place out years ago, but with deep pockets, not strategic thinking, and leadership.

This place was perfect for those losers 3 years ago who couldn't get another job and got lucky with stock options.

Cons

This is an unethical company first and foremost. Managers are either given promotions, raises, praise when needed to work 'harder' or on the way down when their bonuses are due or disagree with the incompetent management. Rest of workforce are there for to work, work, work endlessly. Treated as subhuman.

This place is hopeless. Turnover is rampant. And they're struggling to find new talent since reputation is in the toilet. No one in their right mind would go there now.

Work Hard and Make a Difference

Current Employee - Development Operations in Sunnyvale, CA
    Current Employee - Development Operations in Sunnyvale, CA

I have been working at Pharmacyclics full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Collaboration between functional groups is good, highly motivated colleagues, our drug is going to make a difference for many patients. Company culture is friendly, open door, and people are held to high standards.

Cons

Growth from start up to a real pharma company means we are still putting infrastructure in place. I work long days to keep on top of the workload.

As we have grown, upper management is less visible.

There are newer employer reviews for Pharmacyclics