Pheaa

www.pheaa.org
Profile Unclaimed
There are newer employer reviews for Pheaa

If you truly enjoy CS, are a people person, you'll be fine

I have been working at Pheaa full-time (less than a year)

Pros

What they tell you in the interview is exactly what you get. Salaries, expectations are all addressed in the interview -no surprises. Good help and escalated support. Good people, 5 week paid training and transition period. Most callers are nice.

Cons

If you are hired as a loan counselor you will be considered "clerical wage" and therefore do not get the PA benefits. You need to put in time to apply and get a CS Rep position to get insurance. While clerical wage you do not get paid for minor holidays. Also, if you do not enjoy CS work, you won't be happy. On the floor you spend 8 hrs taking 1 call after the other and some people know nothing about the student loans they signed for, others feel that if they didn't get a bill they shouldn't pay (even if they never called in to say they moved) although their Master Promissory Note states billing is only a courtesy. There are no real breaks between calls, and your scheduled breaks are individual (won't be going same time as your team members), and your 1/2 hr lunch and 2- 15 min breaks are timed and 1 min late here and there works against you (as well as absences) and are the number 1 reason for being let go.

With new employees who haven't reached their 750 hours to accrue time off, take into account doctor's notes, etc. There is a difference between someone who just calls off and someone who brings in documentation (especially when uninsured) -do it case by case, add a little humanity to the rule.

31 Other Employee Reviews for Pheaa (View Most Recent)

Unless you were hired for a professional position, Don't work here!

Former Employee - Customer Service
    Former Employee - Customer Service

I worked at Pheaa full-time

Pros

Steady schedule and long time job stability.

Cons

Inhumane work environment, salary, favoritism, micromanaging, strict and inconsistent company policies, no schedule flexibility, room for advancement, and poor benefits if you're a clerical wage employee.

Be honest and get the facts straight about company policies, benefits, raises, and advancement opportunities. Clerical wage employees deserve to be treated just as humanly as state employees. They work the hardest for low pay under highly stressful undesirable conditions and impossible to meet expectations without the least bit of regard, incentive, or appreciation. We cannot always control how our phone calls go, technical problems, when we have to go to the bathroom, and if we're sick or have emergencies...and don't deserve to be negatively held accountable for such things that beyond our control. We are human beings, not animals or robots..

Pays good jobs boring

Current Employee - Loan Counselor in Harrisburg, PA
    Current Employee - Loan Counselor in Harrisburg, PA

I have been working at Pheaa

Pros

Get paid good money. Sit all day on phone and computer work.

Cons

No interaction with people just on phone.

They do jobs well this is just not a job for me

There are newer employer reviews for Pheaa