Phelps County Regional Medical Center

It's been interesting

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rolla, MO
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rolla, MO

I have been working at Phelps County Regional Medical Center

Pros

they do offr some decent benefits, mostly tuition assistance.

Cons

The health insurance in mediocre at best. Many of the free educational events take place during wrking hours and are difficult to attend.

Advice to Management

Recognize your best employees and listen to their suggestions. It is likely that they are the most informed about what is going on. The ones who complain constantly are likely the ones sitting around thinking of things to complain about .

reviews filtered by
  1. It wasn't too hard, but wasn't that enjoyable

Former Employee - Housekeeper I in Rolla, MO
    Former Employee - Housekeeper I in Rolla, MO

I worked at Phelps County Regional Medical Center full-time

Pros

The patients are wonderful and so are some of the other staff
    My job instilled a strong ethic to clean and keep things clean
    Pay was fair and upped with city inflation
    Supervisors of my department were extremely fair if you had an emergency or sickness and worked with you about hours
    I personally had a very extensive training process and overtime is given for orientation
    Uniform was hardly strict at all; red shirt and black yoga pants would be fine in a stretch, daily if you had to.
    Retirement plan included with job; all benefits optional, even for lowest tier workers.

Cons

Gossip! Terrible! Gossip!
    I never really felt valued as an employee, nor did I ever get thanked or congratulated on either a job well done or teaching myself
    Sometimes a job presented itself that I was not trained nor prepared for, and I was expected to deal with it
    The people who trained me told me they had had very little to no training themselves and received assignments that nurses had to help them to accomplish.
    Standing and walking for hours upon hours- have really nice shoes. And be sure they're broken in.
    Supervisors were often unavailable and went home early.

Advice to Management

Be there a little more for your employees. If someone isn't ready to be put somewhere, make sure that they have backup or a failsafe at the least. And enforce the infection/containment policies a little more or people get lax- not just my direct coworkers; lots of employees.

2. Politics and favorites.

Former Employee - Data Entry in Rolla, MO
    Former Employee - Data Entry in Rolla, MO

I worked at Phelps County Regional Medical Center full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Some decent benefits, but limited since they no longer cover Mercy network doctors because of the competition. Not a great opportunity for advancing your career.

Cons

Way too many issues with politics. God forbid you irritate someone who knows someone. Constant changes from up high, never know from one day to the next what you're supposed to do. HR doesn't take your complaints seriously, no matter how much they pretend to.