Phelps County Regional Medical Center

Unclaimed Profile

It's been interesting

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rolla, MO
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rolla, MO

Pros

they do offr some decent benefits, mostly tuition assistance.

Cons

The health insurance in mediocre at best. Many of the free educational events take place during wrking hours and are difficult to attend.

Advice to Management

Recognize your best employees and listen to their suggestions. It is likely that they are the most informed about what is going on. The ones who complain constantly are likely the ones sitting around thinking of things to complain about .

Other Employee Reviews for Phelps County Regional Medical Center

1. Family

I worked at Phelps County Regional Medical Center full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Employees are family orientated, and friendly. Management tries to help in anyway they can so life and work are compatible.

Cons

For a health care establishment, the medical benefits could be a bit more reasonable for employees, the deductible, and ER copays could be lowered.

Advice to Management

Get rid of the office visit, and the true ER visit copays for employees. Keep up the great work.

2. It wasn't too hard, but wasn't that enjoyable

Former Employee - Housekeeper I in Rolla, MO
    Former Employee - Housekeeper I in Rolla, MO

I worked at Phelps County Regional Medical Center full-time

Pros

The patients are wonderful and so are some of the other staff My job instilled a strong ethic to clean and keep things clean Pay was fair and upped with city inflation Supervisors of my department were extremely fair if you had an emergency or sickness and worked with you about hours I personally had a very extensive training process and overtime is given for orientation Uniform was hardly strict at all; red shirt and black yoga pants would be fine in a stretch, daily if you had to. Retirement plan included with job; all benefits optional, even for lowest tier workers.

Cons

Gossip! Terrible! Gossip! I never really felt valued as an employee, nor did I ever get thanked or congratulated on either a job well done or teaching myself Sometimes a job presented itself that I was not trained nor prepared for, and I was expected to deal with it The people who trained me told me they had had very little to no training themselves and received assignments that nurses had to help them to accomplish. Standing and walking for hours upon hours- have really nice shoes. And be sure they're broken in. Supervisors were often unavailable and went home early.

Advice to Management

Be there a little more for your employees. If someone isn't ready to be put somewhere, make sure that they have backup or a failsafe at the least. And enforce the infection/containment policies a little more or people get lax- not just my direct coworkers; lots of employees.