Philip Morris International

www.pmi.com
  www.pmi.com
There are newer employer reviews for Philip Morris International

Challenging Experience

Current Employee - Sales Finance in Makati City (Philippines)
Current Employee - Sales Finance in Makati City (Philippines)

I have been working at Philip Morris International full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Philip Morris offers good career development, it provides challenging assignments plus it has diverse workforce which will enrich your stay in the company.

Cons

Working at Philip Morris means long working hours which I believe is the same with any other multinational companies.

190 Other Employee Reviews for Philip Morris International (View Most Recent)

No career design. Network all you can to grow

Former Employee - Marketing Coordinator in San Jose, San Jose (Costa Rica)
    Former Employee - Marketing Coordinator in San Jose, San Jose (Costa Rica)

I worked at Philip Morris International full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Works as any other multinational. Everything you learn will be of great use wherever you go. Friendly environment.
    Cool brands.

Cons

You get in and the company will use you until you scream for a change. Even then, they may "trick" you saying that they are happy with you, that the company wants you there and that you have a great career path. I received that speech twice a year. (it was the same with my colleagues) If you don't network, get exposure, sell yourself, etc. you will grow very slowly. I figured that out so I had one promotion after two years in the company.

You really have to bet more on your young talent. I had a position for two years that was very exhausting. During the same period the direct competitor (BAT) had 4 different people in that position. In that company you get to rotate a lot and learn about more areas. (which is what you want when you are young)

Great, established and very strong company with very good salaries but politics and bureaucracy is the killer

Former Employee - Supply Chain in Lausanne (Switzerland)
    Former Employee - Supply Chain in Lausanne (Switzerland)

I worked at Philip Morris International full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Great, smart people thanks to recruitment process. VERY competitive salaries. Strong brands and very good working conditions

Cons

Bureaucracy and lack of decision and risk taking culture. Line managers (in Operations) are afraid to take decisions and wait ages for seniors to decide. A lot of politics. Risk of being kicked out (no irreplaceable people)

Raise risk takers, listen to your people

There are newer employer reviews for Philip Morris International