Best Job, hands down.

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Andover, MA
Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Andover, MA

I have been working at Philips Healthcare full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Benefits, consistent, long term tenure across the board, management is very engaging and supportive of growth, family oriented, keeps employees informed and abreast of current issues and developments, integrative, diverse, very supportive of personal as well as professional growth. I went through a pregnancy and then breast cancer within a year of each other and the company never even blinked in its' support of me, even going to bat for me with the disability insurance to ensure I got paid during my treatments.

Cons

As a large company, getting the right person to answer the question can sometimes be difficult. Just as the company gives its' best, it expects your best in return. Slackers will not make it here.

Advice to Management

Keep on doing what you're doing.

Other Employee Reviews for Philips Healthcare

Great Company to Work For. Really Cares About Employees !!!

Current Employee - Quality Team Member in Andover, MA
    Current Employee - Quality Team Member in Andover, MA

I have been working at Philips Healthcare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great work environment. Outstanding team members. Fair compensation and great benefits.

Cons

Lack of funds for travel and training (an artifact of current economic conditions)

Worst Mid-Level Management, Great Products to work on

Former Employee - Designer and Engineer in Monroeville, PA
    Former Employee - Designer and Engineer in Monroeville, PA

I worked at Philips Healthcare full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

INNOVATION - Home healthcare is an exciting market with a need for innovation COLLEAGUES - You learn with your colleagues in a collaborative way HELPING PEOPLE - Your work actually helps patient's live better lives

Cons

MANAGEMENT - Midelevel manager recieve NO training and should not be managing people. A design competency should be open to new ideas, this manager has no respect for his team, or his colleagues. He was hired to be a bulldog and he is one. It's a shame he ruins it for everyone. CULTURE - The environment is horrifying CHANGE - They are to slow to adapt to a modern work environment. OPPORTUNITY - It takes years to get promoted and they are penny pinchers. Get the most salary coming in the door.

Advice to Management

It's unfortunate because you have great people working there and really exciting work. Unfortunately people do not address changes in a proactive way. In fact it's discouraged.