There are newer employer reviews for Philips Healthcare

Great Experience

I worked at Philips Healthcare

Pros

Lots of interesting projects
Opportunities to grow

Cons

Some bureaucracy
Not well integrated

476 Other Employee Reviews for Philips Healthcare (View Most Recent)

The Cost Cutting Strategy That Isn't Working

Current Employee - Director  in  Andover, MA
    Current Employee - Director in Andover, MA

I have been working at Philips Healthcare full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good Pay and benefits
    Friendly employees

Cons

The organization is spiraling down as it attempts right the ship through cost cutting and new slogans like Sense and Simplicity or Accelerate. Can't wait till next years, which will probably be something like Expedite. Unfortunately, despite all of the internal and external marketing dollars spent what we are left with is simply cost cutting and accelerating the head count reductions. There really doesn't seem to be a true strategy but rather a new top ten list of things that the organization says it will do but are not measurable nor tracked. You can't even hire the best talent because in almost every case you are required to hire locally for cost reasons. In the end, I think Philips will be best to continue to keep its stock price low so that someone can come along and buy it with the hope that they turn it into something better.

New directives, marketing slogans, and leadership reshuffling do not make a better company. A sound strategy that is based on fundamental like exceeding customer and employee expectations is has worked throughout time. Making decisions based on the total value to both your customer and employees will help you measure this and ensure that your ship is heading in the right direction.

FE ready to quit

Current Employee - Field Engineer  in  North Palm Springs, Riverside, CA
    Current Employee - Field Engineer in North Palm Springs, Riverside, CA

I have been working at Philips Healthcare full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great people to work with, awesome team of FE's, don't want to leave.

Cons

Local RSM making life unbearable, she is a B and no idea what she is doing!! I need a true manager, not a baby sitter, I need leadership, not a dictator, Philips needs to address local area service management, they need to purge all the bad managers, ASAP!!

Get rid of some you, start thinning the heard and giving new managers a chance. No compromise.

There are newer employer reviews for Philips Healthcare

Worked for Philips Healthcare? Contribute to the Community!